100% Het Albino with a normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% Het Albino with a normal??

Would you just get more 100% het albinos?? Or would there be a chance of some albino babies?? I know the punnett square, I just don't know what i would put in there. . .xx or Xx or XX. . .
    Thanks, Will

Re: 100% Het Albino with a normal??

All of the babies would be 50% possible het for albino. You would have to breed a het to a het to get albino babies because it's a recessive trait.

*EDIT* Normal babies are getting more and more difficult to get rid of. If I were you, I would breed your het to an albino to get as many albino babies as possible.
    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

You would get half the litter het albino and half the litter normals. Since all would look normal, they would all be 50% possible het albino.

Steve

Comment

they summed it out all the litter normal 50% het albino and B said they are hard to get rid of unless they are absolute stunning normals and even then its still sort of hard

Comment

Question has been answered , 50% pos hets , so half litter will be het Albino you won't know which ones

Honestly if you are thinking of breeding something unless you produce something that's
          way above average it becomes difficult to sell the babies for a historically good price

There are large numbers of average Kahl Albino's and Sunglows out there

Something to keep in mind when considering a breeding or pairing of Boas

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

The nail has been hit on the head.

Comment

There's also no such thing as a 100% het. You are either a het or you aren't. The percents only come into play when describing the probability that your snake is in fact a het.

Comment

thanks everyone. that's kind of what I thought. So if there is no 100% het, and only probabilities, then how would you know if it is or isn't??? Would an albino x albino yield albino and hets?? I guess that might be the only way to know if one is for sure het or not?? Or if one was a proven breeder?? Thanks again,
                Will

Comment

thanks everyone. that's kind of what I thought. So if there is no 100% het, and only probabilities, then how would you know if it is or isn't??? Would an albino x albino yield albino and hets??
                  > Albino x Albino = all Albinos

> Albino x het = 1/2 Albino , 1/2 hets (100%)

> Albino x normal = all hets (100%)

> Het x Het = 1/4 Albino , 1/2 het , 1/4 normals . Normals and hets look the same, so they're called 66% possible het

> Het x normal = 1/2 hets , 1/2 normals / aka all 50% possible hets.

*** het's are hets . Some people call them 100% hets , which is also a pet peeve to certain people. They're either het, or possible het of a certain percentage.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up. That helps a lot. So mine is het, so I need to find myself an albino female to pair him up with. Let the search begin. Thanks again,
                    Will

Comment

Yep you sure do need a bino. I had this same idea a few weeks ago thinking I could do Het bino vs my normal and get atleast 25% albinos but they told me the same thing

Good luck finding the right bino!

Comment

Yeah an albino or a sunglow would be the best choices for a breeding pair. In case you don't know a sunglow is just a hypo albino. Just make sure you are breeding matching strains of albino. Kahl to kahl or Sharp to Sharp. The two strains are incompatible so breeding your het to a different strain will not yield any albinos.

Comment

Working...
                        X