all line of albino- breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all line of albino- breeding

I have a het female from the khal line, I have also got a male het albino from an unknown albino line, it could be the same as my female or it could be a sharp, or a lipstick. what i do know is that khal is t negitive i beleve. and the other to are t positive. So the big question is

if i was to breed these together would i still get albinos? what if one is a t positive would they all be normal looking hets. i have been told that i would get some albinos and i have had some tell me that i would get only hets for both positive and negitive. I have tried to understand the t positive and just cant grasp the consept yet

someone enlighten me here lol

Re: all line of albino- breeding

if you bred a kahl to a sharp there would be no albinos. now you would have some
    het albinos I believe but you wouldn't know who has what if they had anything at
    all.

Some others could really answer this well.

Comment

You would get double hets(DH's) since there genes are non compatible...

If you agree with the genes being incompatible, then breeding would follow standard DH rules EXCEPT all the phenotypes are merged into two possible phenotypical outcomes, albino (unknown strain) or normal poss hets for either or both.

One other assumption, that you could not tell the kahl's and sharps apart from each other and that the double albino also was indistinguishable from the rest.

Out of a litter of 16 from a DH Kahl/Sharp x DH Kahl/Sharp you could expect (if the odds gods were perfectly fair)

1 Kahl and Sharp combined albino
      2 Kahl albino, het sharp
      1 Kahl albino
      2 Sharp albino het Kahl
      1 Sharp albino
      9 normals 66$ het Kahl and 66% het sharp

But, if you couldn't tell the albino's apart, then it'd be
      7 albinos some kahl, some sharp and one both
      9 normals

The next problem comes in proving out and finding the double strain albino and the multitude of unknown status babies that would produce. You would have to breed each of the 7 albinos twice to prove it's status, once to a Kahl and once to a Sharp. Again if all went perfectly according the punnet with litters of 16 you would have...

48 Kahl albino het sharp
      32 Kahl albino pos het sharp
      16 het kahl pos het sharp
      32 DH kahl/sharp
      16 het sharp pos het kahl
      32 sharp albino pos het kahl
      48 sharp albino het kahl

All that and you've only produced and proven one kahl/sharp albino. (240 babies later)

The REAL problem comes later, all these babies with unknown albino genetics will be out there somewhere. Many being bred, some being sold as one strain or the other (could even be right and proven by breeding trials) BUT, there would always be the "other" strain genes floating around in each of the two gene pools. Meaning if you bred a het Sharp to a het Sharp (both descended from the original breeding trials, Some of them will be het for the other strain as well. That could result in multiple albino;s some of which are NOT the strain you think.

Comment

Also I need to add that the Lipstick Line is part of the Kahl Line

Lipstick Line Albino Boas are Kahl Albino Boas

Joe covered the big problem with combining the Kahl strain and the Sharp strain

It would make a pretty big mess in the end

Your unknown het is most likely a Het for Kahl strain het

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I wonder what a Khal Sharp albino would look like. Double dose albino!

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
            You would get double hets(DH's) since there genes are non compatible...

If you agree with the genes being incompatible, then breeding would follow standard DH rules EXCEPT all the phenotypes are merged into two possible phenotypical outcomes, albino (unknown strain) or normal poss hets for either or both.

One other assumption, that you could not tell the kahl's and sharps apart from each other and that the double albino also was indistinguishable from the rest.

Out of a litter of 16 from a DH Kahl/Sharp x DH Kahl/Sharp you could expect (if the odds gods were perfectly fair)

1 Kahl and Sharp combined albino
            2 Kahl albino, het sharp
            1 Kahl albino
            2 Sharp albino het Kahl
            1 Sharp albino
            9 normals 66$ het Kahl and 66% het sharp

But, if you couldn't tell the albino's apart, then it'd be
            7 albinos some kahl, some sharp and one both
            9 normals

The next problem comes in proving out and finding the double strain albino and the multitude of unknown status babies that would produce. You would have to breed each of the 7 albinos twice to prove it's status, once to a Kahl and once to a Sharp. Again if all went perfectly according the punnet with litters of 16 you would have...

48 Kahl albino het sharp
            32 Kahl albino pos het sharp
            16 het kahl pos het sharp
            32 DH kahl/sharp
            16 het sharp pos het kahl
            32 sharp albino pos het kahl
            48 sharp albino het kahl

All that and you've only produced and proven one kahl/sharp albino. (240 babies later)

The REAL problem comes later, all these babies with unknown albino genetics will be out there somewhere. Many being bred, some being sold as one strain or the other (could even be right and proven by breeding trials) BUT, there would always be the "other" strain genes floating around in each of the two gene pools. Meaning if you bred a het Sharp to a het Sharp (both descended from the original breeding trials, Some of them will be het for the other strain as well. That could result in multiple albino;s some of which are NOT the strain you think.

Some of you people are just FREEKS of nature to know that stuff.

Comment

so a lipstick are also t- i am assuming. as far as the unknown why would u say that would it be most likly het for kahl would it be a 50/50 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by urdrkside View Post
                so a lipstick are also t- i am assuming. as far as the unknown why would u say that would it be most likly het for kahl would it be a 50/50 shot.

Yes they are Kahl and if Kahl is T negative that's what they are

We still are only speculating about T Positive or T Negative

nothing has been tested to prove one way or another yet

As far as my guess about Het Kahl goes , even with hets
                the Sharp strain are usually a little higher priced

plus people tend to keep that "Sharp Albino "Label attached and don't forget that's what they had

Also if its said to be an Albino , 98% of the time
                is referencing the Kahl strain

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

your best bet would be to find a het kahl albino to pair with your kahl. or do the research and trace back to the original to find if it is kahl or sharp. no sense in making dh sharp kahl I believe that people looking for albino will buy what is known. By the way I m not clear on this BUT a het to het breeding will produce hets you need a visual albino to a het to make visuals hopfully others will add to this and agree or disagree.

Comment

het to het for exp het anery x het anery you will have some anery out of the litter or clutch. then some hets and some normals.

Comment

Boa Amarali- thanks alot, well i still like this lil guy anyway, he is a keeper. and as far as breeding i am not sure if i am going to with the way congress is going by that time noone will have any rights to pet ownership. but if i choose to i guess i will buy another one. my snakes are my PETS first and breeders last.

thank you to all who has replied.

Comment

Originally posted by HopingForBabies View Post
                        I wonder what a Khal Sharp albino would look like. Double dose albino!
                        I have no idea what they'd look like, but I think there could be a visual difference in the ones that are "Sharp/Kahl" Albinos.

My theory is....

They'll be Lavender Albinos. I think the crossing of the T+ and T- will allow "some" black to come through, but it will appear more "Lavender" in color.

I have no intentions of testing my theory, but I wouldn't mind knowing for sure. I have a feeling that this breeding has already been done. Maybe not intentionally, but I "believe" there's already some DH for both strains of Albino out there. One of these days, two of them will meet up and then we'll have our answer. Until then, we can only imagine what they might look like.

Comment

I think everyone has hit on this subject very well, especially with the problems of breeding sharp to kahl and not being able to distinguish the differences in the offspring. I too wonder what a sharp/kahl albino would look like but would never attempt such a breeding because of the problem of having to sell off the unknown strain offspring.

Comment

Working...
                          X