Motley and Hypo Hog Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley and Hypo Hog Island?

Hello everyone, I just registered, and this is my first post. I recently bred two BCI'S and got a clutch of 40 babies, 1 stillborn and 1 slug! (Not bad for my first breed, lol).
    Now for my question.....I recently acquired a Motley (male 2 yrs) and a Hypo Hog Island (female 1 yr).
    So, of I wait out the next 2-3 yrs and breed them, what will the offspring be? (All hypos? Hypo Motleys, any normals?)
    Tkxx, Axl

Re: Motley and Hypo Hog Island?

Motley x HypoHog --- You'd get
    Normals (crosses)
    Hypos ( Crosses)
    Motleys( crossed)
    Hypo Motlys ( crossed )
    No longer would they be HypoHogs , because the Hog blood has been reduced.

Comment

Great answer David. It's good to have you around.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Thxx for your reply! I knew about the crosses and stuff, but I had no idea about the hog babies losing their hypo!
        I was wondering what they would look like, and what they'd be worth, haha
        Tkxx again David! Much appreciated
        Axl

Comment

I knew about the crosses and stuff, but I had no idea about the hog babies losing their hypo!
          They wouldn't lose their "Hypo" -- They would lose their "HypoHog" status . HypoHogs are suppose to be 50% Hog blood , or more. Any less Hog blood, and then they are Hypo cross Boas. So making Supers with these should deem them to not being called Sunsets, unless more Hog blood is introduced to make the out come at least 50% Hog blood again.

Comment

Wow, Tkx again for the immediate answers! As far as creating sunsets, would what I need to use in conjunction with my Hogg?
            Another thought, if I stick with my original plan, breeding the hypo Hogg to the Motley.....i should get 25% hypo Motleys. What would I need to breed those to produce super Motleys?

Comment

Hypo Motley bred to a regular motley would give you some super Motleys.

Don't get ahead of yourself though. It wouldn't hurt to do some more research on the topic. Super motley is not a desirable or valuable trait at the moment. Your also talking about 8 years down the line so there's no rush.

Comment

As far as creating sunsets, would what I need to use in conjunction with my Hogg?
                You'd need to breed a Hypo to a Hog. Then raise the HypoHog babies ,breed together, and1 of 4 babies will be a Super , aka Sunset.

if I stick with my original plan, breeding the hypo Hogg to the Motley.....i should get 25% hypo Motleys. What would I need to breed those to produce super Motleys?
                Both parents would need to be Motley to produce Super Motleys. Super Motleys tend to die before becoming adults. I don't know of any adult Super Motleys. Not a good goal, imo .

Comment

Tkxx again guys, you've kind of turned me off of breeding my Motley to my hypo Hogg island. So Tkxx. However, I do have another question.
                  Aside from those two, I also have 2 BCI'S (which I bred and got 40 babies).
                  Anyway, my female is just over 7 1/2 feet. She is so docile it's incredible. (They all are)
                  So my problem is, my female is very sensitive on her skin. When I have her out she quivers when I touch her, especially the bottom half of her.
                  What the hell can that be from?

Comment

Working...
                  X