No announcement yet.

Boa c. constrictor or Boa c. imperator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boa c. constrictor or Boa c. imperator?

Hello I purchased this boa at a reptile show a few weeks ago I was wondering what subspecies it is? He told me she was het ghost het anerythristic And that makes me lean toward BCI

Let me. Know what you guys think I can get more pics if necessary

Last edited by Pandorasdad; 05-21-2015, 02:21 AM. Reason: Trying to fix pic.

Re: Boa c. constrictor or Boa c. imperator?

Your pic didn't post.

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

The following thread link should come in handy...

http://www.redtailboas.com/f18/video...obucket-36865/

Try it again and we will see if we can be of any help with identifying your new addition.
      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure this is the pic you were trying to post:

I am 100% sure beyond any doubt that this is a BCI

Comment

As for your description of the snake being het ghost and het anery, I will try to clear this one up for you too. In order for a boa to be het ghost, it must also be a hypo (Hypomelanistic). The boa pictured is not. The only way to tell if it is het anery is to breed it to an Anery or Ghost in the future.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

BCI.
            BCC don't come in anery, ghost, or anything else. And they don't need to. They're more than perfect just the way nature made them.

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

The guy I bought from wasn't the most knowlegeable . He said the father was a ghost and the mother was anerythristic.
              So from my limited knowledge in genetics she deff is het anery probly het hypo then ?

Thanks for the I'd I just wanted to see what length I'm gonna be dealing with!

Next snake is gonna be a rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by MolecularConcept View Post
                The guy I bought from wasn't the most knowlegeable . He said the father was a ghost and the mother was anerythristic.
                So from my limited knowledge in genetics she deff is het anery probly het hypo then ?
                If he were correct about the parents, that snake would be either Anery or Ghost, and it is neither of those things. It's a normal. It may be het ghost, but so far, I wouldn't trust anything that dude said.

Comment

I hate people that spread misinformation. Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Working...
                  X