Ghosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts

So I'm planning on breeding my Male Ghost Jungle to my female Ghost ( Possible super). My question is this: If she does not prove out to be a super the calculator shows 3/8 will be Anery Jungle 33% Super Hypo, 3/8 Anery 33% Super hypo, 1/8 Anery Jungle, 1/8 Anery. Will the supers be ghosts then? That's the part confusing me. If she proves to be a super it would be 50% super hypo Anery Jungle, which I take as Ghost Jungle 50% possible supers. Am I even close?

Re: Ghosts

Let's dumb it down a bit. If she proves super, you will have all Ghosts and some Jungle Ghosts. If she doesn't prove super, you will have all Ghosts and Jungle Ghosts. Then al km of the babies will be probable super ghosts. Both the Hypo and anery gene is being passed by both patents so all will be ghost. Adding the Jungle trait will also make it hard to differenciate between Ghost Jungles and Super Ghosts.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

The easiest way to calculate genetics (And you can do this in your head) is to seperate the traits out.
      Ghost Jungle is Hypo Anery Jungle.
      Super Ghost is Super Hypo Anery.

If you breed Anery to Anery, 100% of your offspring are anery. This makes it easy and you can focus on hypo and jungle.
      If you breed a hypo to a super hypo, 100% of your offspring are hypo, Of those 50% are super hypo. Since you can't reliably tell a hypo from a super, you would say they are 50% possible super hypo.
      If your super doesn't prove out, that's breeding a hypo to a hypo. The results of that breeding are 25% Normals, 50% hypos, and 25% super hypos. Again, since you can't reliably tell a super from a hypo, you would say they are 33% possible super.
      If you breed a Jungle to a normal, 50% of your offspring are Jungle, the rest are normal.

So if you put all that together... Assuming the super hypo proves out:
      50% of the offspring are ghost, 50% are super ghost. Of Those, 50% are jungle, therefore your litter is: 25% Jungle Ghost, 25% jungle Super Ghost, 25% Ghost, 25% Super Ghost. Since you cannot reliably tell ghost from super ghost, you would say that 50% of your offspring are Jungle ghost (possible super) and 50% are ghost possible super.

Assuming that the super is just a hypo:
      25% of the offspring are Anery, 50% are Ghost, 25% are super ghost. Of Those, 50% are jungle. You can sort out the rest.

Comment

Let's dumb it down a bit. If she proves super, you will have all Ghosts and some Jungle Ghosts. If she doesn't prove super, you will have all Ghosts and Jungle Ghosts. Then al km of the babies will be probable super ghosts. Both the Hypo and anery gene is being passed by both patents so all will be ghost.
        Not Quite Right . Your two outcomes will be --
        Ghost Jungle x Super Ghost =
        -Ghost Jungles (pos Super)
        -Ghosts (pos Super)

Ghost Jungle x Ghost =

-Ghost Jungles (pos super)
        -Ghosts (pos Super)
        -Anery Jungles
        -Anerys
        ---------- Everything will have the Anery gene because its in the homozygous form in the recessive mutation . Not every thing will have the Hypo gene because there's no Super- So they're in the heterozygous form of the dominant mutation.

Here's a basic statistical breakdown of Hypo (and other dominant mutations) percentages ---------
        Hypo x Normal =

-50% Hypo
        -50% Normal
        Hypo x Hypo =

-25% Super Hypo
        -50% Hypo
        -25% normal
        -------- anything that has the Hypo gene in this pairing should be considered a possible Super, because you can't pick out the Supers by their looks with complete accuracy .

Hypo x Super Hypo =

-50% SuperHypos
        -50% Hypos
        -------- Everything in this pairing should be considered a possible Super, because you can't pick out the Supers by their looks with complete accuracy .

Super Hypo x Super Hypo =

- All Super Hypos
        Last edited by bebowebb; 05-22-2015, 02:10 AM. Reason: Edited for font color display issue only.

Comment

Thanks for the correction David. I thought I was missing something in there.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Working...
          X