Am I on the Right track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I on the Right track?

So to start, I don't have any breeding experience, and I'm several years from trying it for the first time, but I'm doing my research now, and there is definately a lot out there to take in. So just to start, I want to see if I'm on the right track here with what i'm planning.

So I'd like to produce Snow boas.
    I have a Sharp Albino Female who is 100% het for Snow.

As I understand if I breed her to an Anery male, I'd get 50% Anery, het Albino Sharp & 50% het Anery, het Albino Sharp. Or DH Anery Sharp (Is that the proper terminology?).

Now instead if I were to just find an Anery, het Sharp Albino to breed her to, I would potentially see....
    25% Sharp Snow
    25% Sharp Albino, het snow
    25% Anery, het Sharp Albino
    25% het Anery, het Sharp Albino

Am I on the right track here?
    It's more or less just what I learned from OwalReptiles Boa Genetics Wizard.

But I'm also not sure about the Anery as I see talk of Anery Type I and II and only I seems to result in Snows. So when it comes to finding an Anery male for her, do I need to keep a sharp eye out for type I only?

Please and Thank you to anyone who can help. There is just so much different information out there, its a little mind boggling...

Re: Am I on the Right track?

Originally posted by PaleStag View Post
    So to start, I don't have any breeding experience, and I'm several years from trying it for the first time, but I'm doing my research now, and there is definately a lot out there to take in. So just to start, I want to see if I'm on the right track here with what i'm planning.

So I'd like to produce Snow boas.
    I have a Sharp Albino Female who is 100% het for Snow.

As I understand if I breed her to an Anery male, I'd get 50% Anery, het Albino Sharp & 50% het Anery, het Albino Sharp. Or DH Anery Sharp (Is that the proper terminology?).

Now instead if I were to just find an Anery, het Sharp Albino to breed her to, I would potentially see....
    25% Sharp Snow
    25% Sharp Albino, het snow
    25% Anery, het Sharp Albino
    25% het Anery, het Sharp Albino

Am I on the right track here?
    It's more or less just what I learned from OwalReptiles Boa Genetics Wizard.

But I'm also not sure about the Anery as I see talk of Anery Type I and II and only I seems to result in Snows. So when it comes to finding an Anery male for her, do I need to keep a sharp eye out for type I only?

Please and Thank you to anyone who can help. There is just so much different information out there, its a little mind boggling...
    Welcome to the forum! I had not realized that I hadn't checked this forum for a week.

Either het Anery, het Sharp Albino or DH Anery Sharp albino will be understandable to the reader. Even DH Sharp snow could do the trick.

The OwalReptiles Boa Genetics Wizard produces accurate results. You are on the right track.

As I understand it, nobody has bred any snows that are both Kahl albino and Type 2 anerythristic. I think it is possible, but I can think of at least one reason why it would take a very long time. I do not know of anyone who has tried to make a Sharp albino, type 2 anerythristic snow boa. But that may simply be ignorance because I am not very deep in boa breeding circles. IMO, a snow could be made from Sharp albino and either type 1 or type 2 anerythristic. But you will not get any anerythristic babies when breeding a type 1 to a type 2. You will get normal looking double het babies.

If possible, you should contact the breeder of your Sharp Albino Female to find out which type of anerythristic your snake is het for. If that is impossible, then I would get a type 1 anerythristic simply because as far as I know they are more common than the type 2s. I would also try to avoid anerys that come out of a stock that contains the Kahl albino gene. Crossing Kahl albino and Sharp albino also produces normal looking double het babies.

Comment

Working...
    X