its the a colombian RT or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its the a colombian RT or not

I wanted to confirm this is a Colombian redtail as its clear its not a true redtail as it was advertised in the store (before I knew anything about this particular species) . If its not clear from this pic ill upload more, I have to wait for them to download from icloud.

Re: its the a colombian RT or not

Based to the saddle shape, it appears to be a Columbian Boa to me.
    But, I am nowhere near an expert.

Comment

I'm having this issue too I'm going to post a thread about it see if anyone has an idea [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I could have sworn that I responded to this post. That looks like a Common redtail boa constrictor - Boa Constrictor Imperator (BCI). I haven't seen a pet store have a BCC unless they specialized in only reptiles. If they did have one, they probably wouldn't know the difference.

Comment

Your question opens up a large can o worms even for the boa community. It looks like a common BI boa, so not BCC (true red tail) as you are saying. However, Colombian Red Tail is a pet trade phrase for a Colombian BI, not a Colombian BCC, so from that perspective it MIGHT be a Columbian Red-tail aka Columbian Common boa. Also, outside breeding communities and hardcore boa circles, no one differentiates between 100% Colombian BIs and Columbian-type BIs. So, it might be Colombian or it might just look Colombian which you would need to know the lineage from both parents to know for sure which most pet stores won't know unless they work closely with a single breeder which many don't.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
            I could have sworn that I responded to this post. That looks like a Common redtail boa constrictor - Boa Constrictor Imperator (BCI). I haven't seen a pet store have a BCC unless they specialized in only reptiles. If they did have one, they probably wouldn't know the difference.
            No wonder...I'm pretty sure that's the most common question we get asked here. The confusion is exceedingly common.

Comment

Working...
            X