This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodigy Boas! NEW! T + Albinos?? Recessive Hypos?? Born at RedTaiBoas

Delilah's Prodigy. Parturition of 1/3 Prodigy boas. Are these boas Tyrosinase Positive Albinos?? Are they a New form of Recessive Hypomelanisitc Boa?? They are from a "common" high orange Colombian to an extremely nice Pastel male.

Everything points to what amounts to a fluke of nature. Comparable to getting hit by lightning 2 times while you standing at the lottery office to claim your 100 million dollar prize.

To say this comes as a complete surprise is an understatement. I was shocked by what I saw in this litter and did not even truly know what I had. The pairing results should have been high orange/pastel babies. I knew I had something special and I sent pictures to Jeff, Mark and Ryan. In a matter of minutes I was on the phone with Mark and while Mark was describing what he thought was T+ albinos, Jeff's number beeped thru as he called me immediately also. Jeff confirmed the boas were most likely T+ Albinos.

There has not been a dopa skin test done on these boas so there is no proof that they are in fact T Positive Albinos. Are they? Or are they a truely new Recessive Hypomelanistic boa. Either way the Prodigy boas are truly spectacular. T Positive is "thrown around" in the boa world and that is the term most commonly used with this type of morph.

Then there was the process of trying to understand the possibliities... it was just enough to boggle the mind.

Jeff could not sleep so he started working on the bloodline as he well knows, the mother was produced by him.
    We have successfully traced the mother's bloodline to as early as 1993 or 1994 in Jeff Ronne's black hole in Minnesota. The exact mother of Delilah has been found, stashed safely away in the black hole.

The mystery male was born in early 2000 from a individual in California and purchased by me as a baby.

As it turns out, Delilah, who has long been the matriarch of RTBs, now has a prodigy and legacy to share with us.

Of course the real question may be, What moron did not pair these 2 earlier? Well that would be me.

We had a little fun with tail shots posted here and on Kingsnake and a few people picked up on it immediately.

Here's what we know. Thanks to Jeff for working with me on this.

1. Neither Parent is a Sharp Albino.
    2. Neither Parent is a Caramel.
    3. Neither Parent is a T-Positive.
    4. The Female, Delilah, produced by and purchased from Jeff Ronne in 2000 (Born June 1999)
    5. The Male, was purchased by me from a classified ad from an individual in California in 2000 (Born early 2000)

Hang on to your hats.. The total purchase price of the parents was under 300 bucks in the year 2000

The conclusion based on talking with Jeff for hours and the input of other people including owners of other possible T+ albinos, is that this is a new and unique strain of Prodigy boas are unrelated to any history of the existing possible T positive strains out there.

It is also apparent that the overall looks of these babies are showing some of the pastel influence in how clean they are.

Oh that day 9 and 10 would get here.

Larger Version of Picture

In case you did not see the tail shots. Here are 2 different ones.

In case you did not see the head/tongue shots. Here are 2 different ones.

To view up to date photos of the Prodigy Boas and Siblings Click here
    Last edited by ClayEnglish; 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM.
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Prodigy Boas! NEW! T + Albinos?? Recessive Hypos?? Born at RedTailBoas.com

As I said yesterday Clay, welcome to the land of the high end Boa Morphs. You may be still kicking and screaming, but here you are! Now what are you going to do!?!?
    Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM.

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Comment

so them high orange boas just got a little pricier huh. lol. congrats clay, that is really awesome. now what are the odds of that happening? are any of them other babies het for t+? would jeffs eye trick work for T+ hets?

that was alot of questions, sorry about that. just really cool, again congrats.
      Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

huge congrats, Clay. The possibilities are endless now with this morph in your posession.
        Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Theyre all stunning. I love those orange tails! Congrats on the T+s I was very excited for you when I saw them yesterday.
          Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Congrats Clay... that is awesome. So in the end you never really had to buy a high end morph to get there.

Steve
            Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Amazing color. Give mom and dad a pat on the back for a job well done.

Comment

im speachless..

congrats!

Comment

I am without words....
                  Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Huge Congrats Clay. I wonder how hard it was for you post pictures after they where born and keep it a secret for a little bit...

Comment

Welcome to the world of "Big Time Breeders" Clay!

Congratulations on a wonderful surprise litter.

It could not have happened to a nicer guy either.

Now charge up that camera and show us some baby photos, will ya?

Comment

HUGE congrats Clay!!!
                        You gotta love Boas!!!

I've heard a few of these mysterious T+ Albinos popping up out of the blue and no has any clue why or how. I know in speaking to Jeff, PK, Tracy, Jeremy and others on the subject. Some feel there is something going on in the parents that caused this and others felt it's just one of those freak things that just happens without reason.

How many T+ Albinos did you get in the litter? Are they all the same in appearance with the red eyes, pink/purple tongue, etc?
                        Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM.

Comment

BIG CONGRAT Clay.I new I should picked up some them High Orange babies.
                          Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM.

Comment

How the heck do you luck into that? Unbelievable Clay. It couldn't have happened to a better guy.
                            Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

So what does this mean as far as the genetics of the rest of the litter? And can we please get pics of the Momma and Papa up? My jaw is still laying on the floor...
                              Last edited by ClayEnglish; 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X