Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be any Prodigy Boas in 2010???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be any Prodigy Boas in 2010???

That is an excellent question. The answer is, I didn't really try very hard to make any. Well that isn't entirely true. Here we are April 2, 2010 and four months into my Boa breeding season and none of the females from the Prodigy line have ovulated for me yet. None of the females that the male Prodigy Boas have ovulated yet either. My female Prodigy has been bred relentlessly by a Hypo Motley and one of the Prodigy males. I removed the Prodigy male about a month ago deciding I would rather have Hypos and Motley het prodigy to more Prodigys. That male Prodigy has been breeding a Pearlescent female like crazy but she does not seem to be thickening up at all. The Prodigy on the other hand isn't a large Boa but looks like she would love to ovulate in the worst way... Still I wait. The other Prodigy male has been probably the best breeder male of the season except that the female he has worked relentlessly has not ovulated yet either. They are driving me nuts over here. So there is a chance for Prodigys here and there is a decent chance from some Motleys and Hypos het Prodigy. There are also two possible het PRodigy females that were bred like crazy too, but you guessed it. They haven't ovulated either. One of my possible het Prodigy males is working over his great auntie in hopes that she might be a het... no ovulation there either. So all in all I am still hopefully but there aren't any buns in the oven yet... Time will tell.

On a somewhat separate note; I just spend about an hour and a half trying to identify the Prodigys that Clay let me have from Clays original pictures of the babies in the goo. I finally figured out who each of them are and labeled them in a picture to remind me so I don't ever have to that again. I feel like I'm going cross eyed over here! LOL

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Re: Will there be any Prodigy Boas in 2010???

gotta love finding their baby pics

i would really love to see some prodigy motleys or pearlesent prodigys we can keep hoping right

Comment

This is the Pearl the Prodigy was working:

But she isn't thickening up so far...

theboaphile.com
      boaphileplastics.com

Comment

wow that reverse is sick

Comment

Out of the possible Het prodigy I swear I think I can pick out those that are hets

There appears to be a distinct difference in those possible,
          I see 5-6 that seem lighter and better/nicer

Jeff Honestly do you believe these are related or compatible to the BWC Boas ?

Or Do you believe its a distinctly different line , as different as BWC, VPI and probably
          Russian T are different from each other ?

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

IMO i really think they are their own line but im no expert just act like one lol

and oooooooo jeff thats a good looking pearl to be making some het prodigy's with .... it makes me want to just

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
              Or Do you believe its a distinctly different line , as different as BWC, VPI and probably
              Alright Jeff, your mission is clear. You need to breed Prodigies (ys?) with a BWC, a VPI, a Russian, and, um, a Sharp and report back with what you find.

*patiently waiting*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                Out of the possible Het prodigy I swear I think I can pick out those that are hets

There appears to be a distinct difference in those possible,
                I see 5-6 that seem lighter and better/nicer

Jeff Honestly do you believe these are related or compatible to the BWC Boas ?

Oh, Larry Larry Larry Larry... what am I going to do with you? Always thinking aren't you? LOL That's what I like about you Larry. You think things through and you remember everything... almost everything. LOL

I wrote up a little history as well. The history of the female which Clay got from me goes back to 1993 or so when I acquired that bloodline from a guy on the West Coast. Here is the history.

HISTORY

Even the "Surfer Dude" who is the father of the Prodigys looks nothing like the Sharon Moore bloodline animals look. The biggest difference is fewer saddles. I bought a 50 lots of baby Boas from Sharon Moore in the mid 1990's so I could keep the best ones and sell the rest. New blood you know. I only kept 2 of those 50. I was hoping that I was going to want a bunch more than that but I just kept two of them. They were all pretty dark and had a noticeable higher number of saddles than did my own Colombian Boas. Surfer Dude has a low saddle count too unlike the BW stuff. I did eventually breed both of those Boas which were females. One of them was bred to the male BW Caramel when I produced hets in 2006.

Another big difference is the Prodigy Boas are a much more extreme version of a T-Positive Boa than are the BW Caramels. I haven't produced any BW Caramels yet, but maybe I will be fortunate to see some in the goo this year... Maybe around July 21st give or take a few... What I am really wondering is what does a Jungle Caramel look like in the flesh???

So. No they are not related. Now are they "compatible"? That is a whole different story that remains a mystery... for now. Part of me hopes they are compatible and part of me hopes they are not.

Determining "Het" Prodigys can be done... or can it? I have a theory and went through the entire litter here with Clay in the summer of 2007. There is something that does jump out sort of. All I can say is I should have gone into forensics... LOL

theboaphile.com
                boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Thanks for the update I had been wondering why all ducks in the Prodigy pond appeared so tranquil. Then upon reading this we discover they are actually paddling busily, underneath..

My question is, where is the second litter from the parents?

Comment

Originally posted by Desert View Post
                    Thanks for the update I had been wondering why all ducks in the Prodigy pond appeared so tranquil. Then upon reading this we discover they are actually paddling busily, underneath..

My question is, where is the second litter from the parents?
                    What second litter?

theboaphile.com
                    boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Originally posted by The_Boaphile View Post
                      What second litter?

I meant no mention has been made of rebreeding the parents; is there any news about that?

Comment

Another statement had me confused when I read the Prodigy history the First time

Quote from Prodigy Boa History - click
                        Both Delilah and the "California Dude", as Clay calls him, have produced babies in the past. However, nothing freaky had every popped up before the litter born on April 20, 2007! Here is a picture of the two of them in the throes of passion taken this past fall:
                        This statement makes it sound as if Delilah and the "California Dude" have
                        been Bred together before

My guess is I'm misunderstanding this statement

The 2 have been before but NOT to each other

So any litter produced by either animal will be 50% pos hets for this mutation

Now back to this Thread

So the Prodigy definitely have low saddle count ( 16-17 )

The BWC have higher saddle count looks close to 21 on most

From Boaphile via Sharon Moore

From Steve Scroggs

VPI saddle count ranges Low of 17 to high of 21 but most are at 19-20

VPI "Widows Peak" female Caramel Albino 2008

VPI Pink Panther Caramel Albino 2008

VPI Pink Panther Caramel Albino 2008 Dbl Dose
                        525_PP_CarAlb_F09-3o

CarAlbF_041708_50oVPIPinkPanther

VPI Pink Panther Caramel Albino '09 M 536 Dbl Dose

VPI Pink Panther Caramel Albino 2009 M 537 Dbl Dose

VPI Pink Panther Caramel Albino 2008 Dbl Dose Images From Larry Larry Larry Larry

Russian T's are all at 21 count

From All Boas - Specializing in Exceptional Boa Constrictors website

Interesting stuff the color variation on all Four lines seems distinctly different

One thing I've always been curious about on S-V saddle count do you count the head spear ????

If so and the haed spear is connected to first saddle, hmmm??? ha ha

All numbers are 1 higher if so

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

My understanding from Clay is that the mother and father of the Prodigy Boas both had produced babies in seasons BEFORE the prodigys were born. Neither one has made babies since then.

By the way... this past Tuesday, April 6th the female that the Prodigy male was working relentlessly finally ovulated! Who know what kind of goodies could get pumped out of her! Plus the Prodigy female may have ovulated! It's been hard to see her a lot of the time because that little Key West Boy has been ALL over her! But that's OK with me. I can wait. I am a patient man...

August 8th is the due date for that first female to drop her het Prodigys with whatever other goodies she might be carrying... Soon after for the Prodigy female if she did ovulate or does anytime soon...

I must say, the first week of April was apparently a good week to ovulate in Minnesota!

theboaphile.com
                          boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Key West Het Prodigy!! WOW.

Comment

Eventually David. For now if I am fortunate to actually get her to ovulate and squirt out a Key West puppy, they will het Prodigy. But again, I am patient and I can wait.

theboaphile.com
                              boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Working...
                              X