This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 in 10 gal

i dont see why that would be a problem if you are just waiting on other tanks to arrive. i have a 2.5ftx7ftx2ft tank that i keep two 3ft boas in and they have more than enough room. housing them together that is. 10 gallon is kinda tiny but hey if thats all ya got for a few more weeks then that will have to do! :O)

Re: 2 in 10 gal

ok i was asking the same question but to keep one in along time ago everybody told me NO i need to get a bigger one first.....and ask the expert on here Clay he will tell you..i said the same thing that i am going to buil a cage and need to house it in a 10 gallon for a couple weeks i was told no by every one...

Comment

Sure. Obviously you know you need the bigger size, and are trying to obtain the proper sized enclosures, so the important thing in the meantime is to make sure proper temps are maintained for them, and get them out quite a bit for handling. And seperate them for feeding purposes, simply by using rubbermaid containers to do so.

And get the largest enclosures now that you can afford now... It will save money in the long run. For example, you realize the 10 gallon is not going to work, but should you consider a 20 gallon long replacement for example, then 6 months later and it will be outgrown, and you are back to square one. So buy or build as large of one as you can. By the time they are adults they will require a minimum of a 4X2X2 enclosure each..

There has never been a question of CAN two boas be housed together. Hundreds of people have done just that. I think it is more of the issue of WHEN something goes wrong, that a seperate enclosure is available for one of the boas.

It is more of a husbandry issue and creating the least amount of stress for our boas. Some boas will be stressed by having another boa around all the time. Boas will lay on top of one another and that stresses out some. Also you do not want 1 boa crawling around in and over the other boas feces because any disease or infection will spread to the other.. etc etc I am sure you have heard all these possible scenarios before so I won't bore you with them again.

If you read my careguide ;D, I have never held back from my opinion on this issue...

So yes you can keep them together, until you can get the proper enclosures for them.
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

8)Very well put Clay... im not even gona put my coment in on this one other than please get them a larger home as soon as possible..

Comment

Hi,
          I tried forty critters and spent 80 bucks for the cage, 50 for the UTH, and 35.oo for the thermostat, sooooo
          I tell everyone to save your money and go here. PSPS he pays shipping.
          http://www.boaphileplastics.com/

the cages can be ordered with flex watt heat ,the cages hold humidity and can have a shelf.installed .. and may be the last cage you will need for and average sized BCI..you will hate that fish tank sooner or later...
           doug

Comment

Doug
            thanks that is where i plan on getting my terarium at I have a call into their sales dept I want something special made for me. but thank you all for your answers

Dave

Comment

hehe i did forget to mention seperate feeding and all. i have tanks all over my house and i have one i am waiting on my hubby to build the top for and never did for my babys its a 2ftx2.5ftx5ft got the indoor outdoor carpet and everything for it but no lid. i tried using my smaller 55 gallon for feeding but my lil boogers are picky they prefer rubbermaid lmao!!!! just like clay said. hehehe if i could figure out a way to ship all my spare tanks id sell em on ebay! LOL ( my dad owned a pet store im all tanked out)

Comment

Working...
              X