This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to feed?

I've had my ball python for 3yrs now and I raised her since she's was a baby, I've always taken her out of her tank to feed. Just a couple of days ago I got a Colombian from a reptile shop and she's about 4ft. long and not knowing anything about her I was wondering where should I feed her. I was told not to feed in the tank because the snake will get used to it and if I reach in the tank to take the snake out they'll think my hand is food and will strike? So what should I do about my Colombian?

Thanks!!!

Re:Where to feed?

Hello Ian,

Welcome to the forums..

Feed you boa in a seperate feed tank, and make sure you are feeding pre-killed or frozen thawed. Make sure the prey is warm. As for the food, make sure it eats rats, not mice. I assume your ball is on rats as well. More meat, better for them and their growth.

Share some pics when you can of your new baby and your ball python..

Steve

Comment

maybe im reading this wrong but do you have them in the same tank together the boa and the ball. also if you dont have a spare tank for feeding a rubbermaid container from walmart with a few air holes in it works great!!! s

Comment

I agree with the others, your snakes should be fed outside of their enclosures. There is many reasons for this. And yes, rats are more nutritious than mice.

Comment

Working...
        X