X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping back

hey ya,

i have heard that it is good to pop a snakes back simpily by stretching them or dont know how to put it but just pulling them is this ok?

Re: popping back

Hi diablo,

I would never suggest doing that. I could image if it was done when they were in the wrong position or doing just a little too hard you could break their back or cause something to shift and cut a main nerve. No fun having a snake who is paralized..

Just my 2 cents, but I would never consider doing it..
    Steve

Comment

thanks Steve,

I didn't think it was a good ideal thats why i stopped doing it a little while back and ill take your words you no too much about snakes ;D

thanks

Comment

NP.. So how is your new baby doing?
        Steve

Comment

oh he's doin great, today i was going to feed him but couldnt find any hopper's so im going into austin tommarow see if i can find anything.other wise he's doin good probally going to name him Cirrus not sure yet.i need to get some better pics up becouse he has very bright pink going down his back..

but no problems with him yet hope there wont be..but i have ya to help me.. ;D

thanks

Comment

Just my two cents here. Whoever told you to pop your snakes back is so full of crap that I wouldn't listen to anything else they happened to say.

Comment

Hey Trevor,
              Thats great he is doing well.. No big deal missing a day of feeding. May want to get two and whack the second one a freeze it as a back up.. My two new ones just ate tonight. Taking more restraint that I figured to not feed these guys too much or too big..

Great luck with the new guy..
              Steve

Comment

HI,
                That feeding topic was mentioned in a previous post, I try and keep records on feeding to prevent offering food to early, when feeding frozen thawed they will refuse to eat if off cycle and this can waste ratsickles..
                 ps , I like using three by five cards Clay showed me this, I keep one per snake in a box on my desk.  
                I use simple abreviations for feeding items.
                example (5/12 1 S R)
                  date 1 small rat. you can also track sheds and such
                 you can keep acouple month on one side of a card and then file the card when you start a new card. I have card on one of my BCI Clay used to track him after birth. Its like his baby shoes.. hehe I :P
                        Doug
                Never try and pull on a boa's body they will always resist this action and may pull a muscle or worse. I ve noticed
                large boa's can make some pretty intense sounds when moving I ve heard a couple vertabrae pop and click this is normal and is self alligning due to the shape of the snake and the way the muscle are attached to the bones. Boa's can allign them selves rather well ...  My wiffess pretty good at poping my back though..  8)

Comment

I KNOW THIS MUCH WHEN MY SNAKES ARE MOVING AROUND THEY MAKE SOME STRANG NOISES AND I FREEKOUT. SO I WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO THEM THAT WOULD MAKE A CRAZY NOISE. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

TAT

Comment

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

TAT
                    Hey Tat, sounds a little like some military logic there?    We actually have something similar to that painted in my shop.  It reads: "If we can't fix it, it ain't broke!"

Jeff

Comment

Hopefully NOONE will ever try such a thing as "boa chiropratic care 101". This is something very serious that could damage or even kill a young boa...

Please leave all the bone crunching to the boa itself. ;D

Also, as an Ex-Navy Electronics Tech, we always worked on everyone's portable tape players, and we had a sign in the shop that read..

We Fix It - FREE
                      You Watch - $25.00
                      You Help - $50.00
                      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                      -Clay English
                      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
                      X