X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White spots?

Hello.....
    I bought a RTB in December.  The girl I bought her from was a Vet's assistant and had the snake since it was a baby.  She was sad to have to give it up but I am sure she had her reason's.  She had quite a few other's.....
    Anyway's......  It is the sweetest snake ever and seems very healthy.  I feed her pre-killed every 2 weeks bla, bla, bla.....
    Okay I will get to the point.  She has white spot's on her.  It does not look like she was born with them.  They litterally look like bleach spot's.  The scales do not look damaged at all.  There are about 4 on different parts of her.  All of them are on the very top of her.  Not on her sides or belly.  Funny thing is... you cannot see them while she is shedding.  I happened to buy her while she was shedding, so never asked the previous owner.  I have no idea how to get a hold of this Vet's assistant so there is no way to tell what the spot's are from.  Has anyone else heard of this?  They almost look like burns.....  But I do not think they are.... s25.gif s25.gif s25.gif

Re: White spots?

a picture might be able to help us out a little more. if you can post one i am sure we can figure it out for ya.

Comment

Ummm, I am sure I could find a digital camera to borrow. I don't have one. Maybe someday.......

Comment

Hello Bmoore,

Like Damian said, a pic would be really helpful. But without a pic it is only a guess. I have a baby ball that I took because it had white dots down the back. About 12 of them. After shed they disapeared. Could be some genetic traite or defect in the pigments of the snakes scales.. If he is healthy, don't worry to much and see if they change..

Steve Clark

Comment

The size of these spots are about the size of a quarter I think. Were the ones on your snake big or small? How long were they there? Like I said, I will try to get a digital camera to get a picture posted. They are so unusual and hard to explain. I was just checking out some of the snake picture's on this site. I've seen some of both of you guys' snake's. They are pretty. I wish I could get a pic up of my 7 footer, Esmerelda (Ezzie for short). She is beautiful and has that blue/ purple translusent color thing going on when you turn her just right. Is there a term for that?

Comment

The ones on the ball were small, About the size of a tip of a sharpy marker. They were very dot like. It was mainly in the middle of the snakes body, but there were a few stray ones about 2/3's down the body.. Here is on pic I took of the spots..

Steve

Comment

yea my ball python is developing some white spots so far only 1 big one pretty cool lookin too i guess

Comment

A picture would be nice...

I know you said they appear to be perfectly normal sections of skin, but it would be better to prove nothing is "wrong" with those spots..

Let us know what you find out or if you can get a picture just post it here.
                To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                -Clay English
                Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
                X