This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy Eyes?

Hey, I just got a Columbian Red Tail....Brock has seemed in the week we have had him to devlope very foggy eyes. I cant tell if they are covered or what...can anyone help?

Re: Foggy Eyes?

8) Sounds to me like its going into a shed, its what we call in the blue.. after few days the eyes will clear and the snake will shed its skin within few days of that, please make sure your humidity is high at that time or try givin it a good soak durring and after the eyes clear up this will help the snake to shed its skin...Hope this helps... Whats the size of your boa??? How are you housing it?? Whats your temps and humidity like??

Comment

Thats what we thought to begin with but, we have had him for a week and his eyes have been clear and then foggy and then clear, and now there just foggy.  Today i tried to soak him and got about the last half of him.  I dont know humidity in the cage but we have been trying to keep the cage temp constant but have been having a hard time. Ususally it is between 85 and 95 on the hot side and between 70 and 85 on the cool side.  Ohh he is 2 1/2 feet and the cage is 3 feet long x 18 in deep x 12 in high...and we have been using a heat lamp and a uv light....we just bought a floor heat pad but havent used it yet...

Comment

Welcome to the fourm. You need to go read Clays care sheets. There is alot of helpful info in those pages. Also it will help you with proper cage set up. Good luck!

Tat

Comment

Working...
        X