This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty Trained Snake

I've had my girl for bout 2 months and all 3 times she's "went" in water... is that normal?Or what's the reason for it?I mean don't get me wrong i'm not complaining,cause it's alot easier to take out bowl and beach it down and clean,oppose to cleaning cage with one eye and watching her explore with the other.Was just curious what's with this habit tho.
    Thx
    Corey ;D

Re:Potty Trained Snake

Alot of snakes will defacate in there water. Even lizards do it also. It is completely normal, and will cause no harm. Just make sure you always check her water, cause it can be very bad if she craps then drinks. Ewww :-X

Comment

Ahh well there is a reason that some do it... what are the humidity readings... they have to be up above 60 % but not by much... I had my snakes in a cage with a screen top and had a hard time with the humidity when I first started and he pooed in the bowl all the time... but now that I have a good digital guage I find it in the back corner of the cage every time... It turned out that my analog guage was not working saying it was 60% when it was really 25%////....
      I would check that first and then if the humidity is good then you are fine...
      Eric akia....Red

Comment

Hello Corey,

I agree with the others. nothing to worry about. Although I would avoid using bleach on something that she drinks out of. bleach has a way of leaving a residue that doesn't rinse clean. Ever splash bleach on your hands and try to rinse them clean. You always have a slimy feel to them. Bleach has toxic property's when they are wet.. With my snake water bowls I just use a good anti-bactieral soap and make sure I rinse it real well..

Most of my snakes just go in some hard to get to corner. But my blue beauties always go in the water... Nothing to worry about..

Steve

Comment

Thanks for all the info

Comment

8)I use table salt and antibactireal dish soap when i clean all my water dishes or soak pans for my critters it rinses easy and does the job good... 8)

Comment

I use Novasan to disinfect all cages and bowls. Seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
              X