This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating question!

;Dhey well its about to storm hard here and im thinking the power is about to go out what do i do to keep my bp warm? ???

Re: heating question!

There are a couple things you can do...
    One you can get those had warmers that you just bind that meatal thing in the middle... Put it in somthing real small like what it eats in and put two of these at one end... This should give it a good place to stay warm...
    Two.. You can get one of those propane heaters... crack a window and turn it on... no matter how cold it gets it will stay warm in what ever room you put it in...
    Three... I have done this one my self... Get a sleeping bag that zips and works... put your self in it and fill with snakes... your body heat and the sleeping bag will keep them warm... Try not to fall asleep and smash them...
    Four.. hook you snake room to a genarator that is set to turn on when the power gos out....
    Those are about the only ones I know...
    I have herd of some people that have a couple car battereys and just hook there cages up to a power strip that is connected to the car battereys... I don't know how well this will work... never tryed it... But I do know that my cousin usta' watch his tv and play a vcr on just one car batterey.. You could watch about three movies...
    I hope this helps...
    Eric aka....Red

Comment

This may already be too late for you, but try this. Take a 2 liter soda bottle, fill it with very hot water, wrap in towel and lay it in the tank, make sure to cover the top with a towel if you are using an glass tank..
      Steve

Comment

HI,
        If its winter you will have problems, My house has gas heat and hot water tanks ,so I would use water bottles luke warm water in a special Ice chest I use for moving snakes.

If its summer I may let them coast in the cage for a few days if its 80+ in the house.
        Yous shoudn't feed until the temps are perfect to prevent digestion problems.
        DOug

Comment

Red I just started LMAO when I read the part where you said that you had put yourself in a sleeping bag with your snakes to keep them warm. That was verey cool.

Tat

Comment

That was the only thing I could think of... ;D
            Well hay it worked.... lol
            Eric aka....Red

Comment

Red ,
              that is creative , but I have been prepared to use the hot water method myself.
              Later
              Dan

Comment

There is only one problem with the warm water trick... If you have a electrick hot water heater and the electricity went out then your hot water runs out fast.... Then if you have a electrick stove no hot water... Then what do you do... Thus the sleeping bag trick...lol
                No I like the hand warmers my self... You can keep like two weeks supply in a small shoe box... plus all you have to do to make them work again is boil them... That is the way I go... I mean when it comes down to it I can always find a place to boil water....
                Eric aka....Red

Comment

Working...
                X