This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok help me THIS IS SO ANNOYNING

ok ya told me to feed him frozen and i just got back from getting a frozen mouse and he will not eat it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR what the hell do i do???? >

Re: ok help me THIS IS SO ANNOYNING

How did you thaw it out? What I do is soak it in large cup, whith Hot tap water, and have the mouse/rat still in the bag. That way the mouse/rat will not loose it's smell. Another thing you can to, is to soak the mouse/rat directly in the water. Then when the rat is good and thawed, dry it off with a blow dryer. The key is to make sure you keep changing the water and making it hot again. You want that rat good and warm, just like a normal warmblooded mammel. How long has it been eating live? How long since it last ate? My pyton, I had to not feed it for a couple of weeks, before it would eat the F/T rat. You know, wait until it is good and hungry. They it ate it right out of my hand. Another thing you could do is put it in the tank/cage/feeding cage/ late at night and leave it in there with the snake. Cover the tank and turn out the lights, so that it is good and dark. I have a couple of snakes that will not eat the F/T unless it is dark and we are NOT looking.

Comment

i put it in a zip lock bag and soak it in hot water...when i got him they said they are feeding them pnkeys and he was way to big to be eating them and he eats every sunday so he has no problem eating and he just ate today...the problem with frozen he tottlay ignores the mouse when i move it around he looks at it and acts like he is going to grab it but he wont.

he is in great health nothing wrong its just he wont eat frozen ??? > :-[

Comment

Try just leaving it in the tank, cover it with a blanket or a sheet, so that it is completely dark in the tank and just leave him alone over night. I'll bet it'll be gone in the morning!!! He may just need time to adjust to the F/T.

Comment

Did you make sure the rat was throughly thawed? The head should be warm to the touch, it's the last to thaw. You want to try to get the prey slightly warmer than room temperature. Have you tried feeding at night? Leaving the prey item overnight with the snake in a feed tote usually does the trick. It may take some time, but your snake should eventually start taking frozen thawed.

Comment

8)Ok try this cut the nose tip off of the F/T prey item brings out the natural smell... Or if you can thaw the prey item out in used prey bedding this will put the prey smell back on the F/T item...

Comment

Also don't just go a feed live at least wait a couple days... Make the snake think that is only thing availible...
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

Working...
              X