This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumeril Boas

I plan on getting a Captive bred Baby female Dumeril in December/January. I have most of the information on them that I need.

I just want to be sure I have as much information on them as I can get. During my search on the internet I kept finding different info on their size and the enclosure size.

I plan to get a 40 gallon critter cage for an enclosure in October.

I have read that their adult average 4-6 feet with a max length of 7 feet but I have also read that their adult length is 3-6 feet. I am not sure which is true.

So if anyone has any experience with them, I would appriciate any information on their size and enclosure size requirements.

Reumeril Boas

What I plan on doing right now is sticking with the 40 gallon critter and if the boa outgrows it I will get the boa a bigger enclosure.

Comment

Reumeril Boas

;D Hello Viper. I've never owned a dumerils before but, I do know a breeder that I can give you his info If you would like. He's in Wisconsin. Let me know and I'll I'm it to you..

Comment

Reumeril Boas

;D Check out this link theres some pretty good info there.

http://members.tripod.com/boas-dumerils/id29.htm

Good Luck ;D

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Hello Viper,

I have had and bred Dum's once.. They are an interesting snake to work with. The adult female I had was just barley 6 foot. They are famous for being very picky eaters and tend to be real sensitive to any temp and humidity change. Make sure if your going to get into Dum's that your setup can be controlled 100%..

Any info I can help with, just ask. Its been a few years but I still remember most things about my experience..

Good luck
          Steve

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Hey bigmitch,

go ahead and IM me that info. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Hey Sclark,

I do have a question......

How big of a snake can I house in a 40 gallon critter cage?

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Hey viper,

What are the measurments of your 40 gallon?

Steve

Comment

Reumeril Boas

The measurements of a 40 gallon critter are:

3 feet Long x 18 inches Wide x 18 inches High

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Hi Viper,

I wouldn't put a snake much bigger then 4 - 4.5 in long.. One of the problems with that size is the depth.. But until the snake gets real thick you could get away with using that tank for a 4-4.5 long snake..

Hope that helps
                    Steve

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Vipoer Check your IM I sent the info..Good Luck

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Thanks Sclark,

What I will do is go ahead with getting the 40 gallon critter, and save up some cash for later on so if I need to get a bigger enclosure I will already have the cash for it.

Comment

Reumeril Boas

I would just buy a 50 gallon long tank you can get them at pet co for like $119 there 4L X 2W x 2H a forty critter is gonna run you $89.00 might as well pay the extra $20 dollars for more size. ;D

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Thanks bigmitch, I got the IM thanks.

I know I have room for another 40 gallon critter but I am not sure I have room for anything bigger. I will do some measuring and go from there. I will let you all know what I decide to do probably tommorrow or Friday.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Reumeril Boas

Small update.....

I don't have room for anything bigger than a 40 gallon Critter cage. I am looking into other Boas & Pythons that I can house in a 40 gallon critter cage.

Some of the choices I am considering are a Ball Python, or a Spotted Python.

I am not sure what Boas stay small enough to be housed in a 40 gallon critter.

Comment

Working...
                              X