This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTB pooping

Today i let my snake outside on my front lawn to let it get some fresh air. I had 6 people around it and she didn't get scared. She's 3 1/2 feet long.

How come everytime i put her down she goes to the same spot?

Also, i saw her poop today and she poops in like straight lines and doesn't get it on herself, is this what snakes do? ;D

she pooped in lines like this: | | | |

-Andrew

Re:RTB pooping

Sounds like you got a little champion. Some snakes are partial to certain parts of their enclosures wich is normal, however if one side of the cage is too hot/cold they will favor one or the other depending on the problem. If snakes are given both extremes - they will more often than not choose the "too hot" side wich is unhealthy. I dont think crapping in straight lines is standard behavior - probably just the way it came out. I dont think snakes in general like to move around in their own squalor. If your snake avoided touching it's own crap - rejoice! Ive dealt with a few horrendous messes in the past. Sorry for elaborating soo much on the temperatures subject, just making sure you are properly informed.

Good luck with your snake.

Comment

As from information gathered from your other posts, the reason your snake seems to be rejecting one side is because it could be to warm. You need to make sure the temperatures on the warm side is around 86-88 and around 82 on the cool side. You also stated that there was only one hide on the cool side. It is best to provide a place to hide on the warm side and the cool side. Snakes need to have an warm side and cool side; this allows them to thermo regulate when either they are too warm or too cool. Hope that helps.

Comment

also something about hides is...i understand the $$$ part of it...this is a cheap idea...if ya mom or freinds mom uses plastic vines or makes crafts you can use craft sticks/braches and the vines to make a extra hides both on the warm and cool sides..plus mine was a climber and it gives the hide plus it uses more room for ya snake to move around in..also not sure if you use em or not...you need to make sure you have a retrostat if your using a UTH,or CHE,etc.. so u can control temps alot better..plus if you have a UTH it can run away and even cook and kill ya snake...

andy

Comment

[quote author=Gun Lover link=board=1;threadid=2915;start=msg20670#msg20670 date=1059821876]
          also something about hides is...i understand the $$$ part of it...this is a cheap idea...if ya mom or freinds mom uses plastic vines or makes crafts you can use craft sticks/braches and the vines to make a extra hides both on the warm and cool sides..plus mine was a climber and it gives the hide plus it uses more room for ya snake to move around in..also not sure if you use em or not...you need to make sure you have a retrostat if your using a UTH,or CHE,etc.. so u can control temps alot better..plus if you have a UTH it can run away and even cook and kill ya snake...
          [/quote]

I'm going to do that once i build my new tank for my boa.

Andrew

Comment

i think it only cost me like 5 or 6 bucks to make that vine combo climb/hide...iam sure if ya had this i nthere you will notice how much ya snake will climb more and use that vs the reg hide..mine did..but when it started to cool off she would burry her self in da substrate..

Comment

YEA BOAS ARE MASTERMINDS IN BURYING THEMSELVES IN THEIR SUBSTRATE.

LEE

Comment

I use aspen in my cages and both my male and femalehide under the stuff. I think they think it is a blanket! As for the poop thing I wish my female was like that she is verey messy.

TAT 8)

Comment

;D ;D BTW in case you guys didnt know..The burying in the substrate is a cool natural behavior for Boas and other Large snakes that we have the pleasure to observe..In the wild they do this to A.) Hide from predators and B.) They use this method to ambush prey they bury themselves under some leafs or what not and wait for a prey item to walk over them and WHAM!! well you guys know the rest..This comes natural to most boas just like climbing in baby boas... ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X