X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snake bathing?

ok heres my question.

my snake loves his hide box so much he poops and pees in it while he is in it, so i have to give him a bath cuz he stinks. i usually just use warm tap water and let him play in it for a few this helps with the smell, but here goes the question

is there anything SAFE to add to the tap water to aide in cleaning them and getting rid of the small remaining smell they have?
    all ideas are very welcome. hehe

oops i forgot to say i do clean their housie too lmao

Re: snake bathing?

I know you can use the baby types, just make sure you rinse well and try to avoid getting any in the eyes and nostrils.

Comment

HMMM so no body else has any suggestions as what to add to the water for bathing them. clay im sure you have a few ideas for me, wanna share. hehehe

Comment

Mine does the same thing, I just give them long baths in the bath tub. I clean it out really well, and let 'em go. b1.gif I also dry them off really well after their swim. cwm38.gif
        also, make sure to clean and sterilize his house and everything in it often. I do mine weekly. this helps keep the odor down.

??? perpetually confused
        Lisa

Comment

Normally when a snake sits in his own defecation and needs cleaned luke warm tap water is all that is required. Soak him in it and rub him down with your bare hands. Any smell that is left will dissapear very shortly thereafter.

Comment

cool thats exactly what i have been doing, guess my lil guy is just weird!!!! it drives me mad im also thinking of switching my floor covering to that of the indoor outdoor carpet like i seen in baracudas pics it looks nice and she said its pretty easy to clean maybe that will help keep him from smelling so bad, and believe me its stinky hehehehe

Comment

Working...
            X