Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boa's like the "colder" side of the tank..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boa's like the "colder" side of the tank..

I have a 9 month old RTB and a 5 month ArgentinexRTB housed in a 75 gallon tank together. The basking side is about 90-95 degrees and the colder spot is about 80-85 during the day...at night it drops about 10 degrees. The only time my boa's will bask is after they eat but for the rest of the time they will both hang out on the colder side. I know 95 degrees isn't too hot for them, but cold they become ill from being in the colder spot? Humidity is always 40-50% and they have hiding spots on both sides of the tank. Thanks for the help.

Re: Boa's like the "colder" side of the tank..

Naw, as long as the cooler side doesn't drop below 80, they'll be fine. They just don't feel the need to go to the warmer side, until after they eat, which is what they are suppose to do. All of my Snakes to this. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But like I said don't let the cooler side drop below 80, maybe 75 at nite.

Comment

The cooler side does drop down to the low 70's at night, I even have a heat pad under the tank where the hiding spot is where they always are...with the heat pad on they would relocate or hang out in the tree so I guess they like staying cool. I am going to see if they like having the heat pad on at night and off during the day. Thanks for the help!

Comment

What type of heating pad are you using? It could be that even though the ambient temps fall to the low 70's, the heating pad itself may be too hot for them and they would rather be cooler that too hot!! What type of a tank are you using?

Comment

HI,
           You should plan to seperate your boa's in the near future, Most argies are extremly active when compared to other boa's this can and will stress the BCI, They may be hiding from the argie on the cool side, To much time on the cool side can have a negative effect on digestion and his abitlity to fight off infection . And if he's trying to avoid the hyper arggie he's giving up the heat he may actually want..
            Hope Iam wrong  :P Doug

Comment

Working...
          X