This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible to hold baby rtb too much?

He just came home Sunday but he loves to be held. He will crawl n my arm and just hang out there forever. Is it bad to hold him all the time? Between the kids, my girlfriend and myself he is gettings tons of attention. Is this too much? Also, tomorrow I will feed him the first time, is it ok for me to hang out and watch or should I leave him alone? Is he too small for a rat?

Xander

Reossible to hold baby rtb too much?

First off how big is the baby. Then we can help you with the proper size rodent. Also you can look on clay's care sheets and he has picks of proper sized rodents. As for holding your snake to much, as long as he is fine and doesnt get stressed I wouldnt worry. Just make sure after you feed her that she has a few days to relax in her cage and properly digest her food before handling again.

Comment

If you just got him he may need sometime to settle in........ You can watch him eat. But if you have the whole gang crowded around his cage he may not want to eat. (Trust me, I've done it) You feed pre-killed or frozen/thawed right? And like Welsh already said give the snake at least 48 hours before handing him. I try to wait more like 72 hours. You don't want a regurge. :P Well good luck with your new boa.

**Beth**

Comment

Well put you guys. Nothing else to add from my end.

TAT 8)

Comment

There is a link to a pic of him in my original post so you can see his size. Today will be his first feeding with me and I do want to do frozen/thawed. I posted a bunch of pictures also in the picture thread and some folks were kind enough to recommend the fuzzy rats. I think he can handle them easily.

Comment

Yea, i think everyone has this issue covered. The big thing is stress, no quick movements, be smooth and cool with him. I don't think you could ever hold your boa too long. Like they said, as long as he dosen't seem stressed and after you feed him give him 2 to 3 days without being handled. Good luck!! 8)

Comment

Working...
            X