This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for anyone who wants to answer

i was just looking at baracudas pretty ball python pic and i notice the green carpet is that pretty easy to take care of? it's in door out door carpet right. how is it with mites and cleaning up after the lil snake messes. never though of using that kinda substrate before! anyone else us it or recommend it!!! everyone opinions are welcome! oh and exactly what kind is it its nice looking!!!

Re: question for anyone who wants to answer

I don't know what kind exactly she has but I know that it works perty darn good... All you have to do is put it in the washer and clean it.... The humidity factor is farly good... It does not get moldy real easy... Soaks up the pee real well...
    You can kinda compare it to a real thick layer of new's paper....
    If you go this way make sure to cut it to fit exactly so the snake does not get under it... well that is only if you use a under the cage heating devise... From what I have seen it comes in like three colors brown, gray, and green...
    Also you want a couple pieces already so when it is dirtyed you can change it right away...
    If you are a inviromentolest you will like that you did not kill a tree to obtain it...
    Alot of people use this stuff and lov' it... I don't like it because my snakes like to hunker down in the aspen... The aspen also keeps the cage nice and fresh...
    It is not so good for lizards because if you don't notice a piece of thread hanging it can get wraped around the toes of a lizard...
    Well that is about all I know...
    Eric aka...Red
    Oh ya the mites... Well I had a friend that used the stuff and he said clean it and treat it with provent-a-mite and you are good...

Comment

:-/ Hehehe!! Im trying to remember the name of that carpet..eeeeeeeee its at the tip of my tounge.. drats,, its not your average indoor outdoor carpet.. I think its patio carpet, it came from home depot and its real easy to wrok with thin enough so that you can wash it in the bath tub or outside just hang it over something and let air dry. its very nice , comes in few diffrent colors, ive kept heat pads under it and had no probs with burning or melting. and nope it dont get moldy and yup it soaks up the pee.. i put a good layer of news paper under mine and it works fine and dandy.. Never had any probs with mites with this... Time for cleaning i just pick out the poo lift up the carpet lay down few new layers paper and then vacume up the rest.. It only takes me few mins to do this, every couple weeks i wash it and put it back.. yup always handy to have extra on hand.. I love it makes cages look nice its cheap and its easy to work with and its great for snakes.. this carpet can be used for large lizards as it dont have the threads come out as easy as indoor out door carpet..Its like some type outdoor berber carpet..il find the name and post it as soon as i do.. My snakes are very comfotable on this stuff...

Comment

I meant if you snake gets under it.. then the snake would have a good chance of burning... That is what I meant...
        Eric aka....Red

Comment

Red, duck tape is what i use under the carpet to hold it in place and the snakes cant get under it, and yes make sure you cut it to fit very snug in each coner.. Now not saying no ones snakes will try to get under it but for some reason none of mine have tried yet.

Comment

lol sounds really cool ill have to look into it it really made your cage look awesome i really liked it and if you can remember the name that would be perdy cool !!!!!

Comment

Il be going to Home Depot monday and il check it out and get all the info back to yaz.. i love it and my snakes seem to like it as well.. And yes it makes the cages look alot nicer to boot.. it came in the color green you saw in my pic, which is a nice dark color and then brown and maybe gray to.. 8)

Comment

Working...
              X