This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding?

How often would you recomend feeding a baby red tail?
    And no one around here sells frozen foods so would it be better to freeze them myself or just kill them first.

And i dont normally kill things(have a 4'er that im sitting for someone but she feeds it live so i just feed it live) so what would be a good way to kill it without feeling bad? =)

Re: feeding?

Welcome to the fourm Peep. Here is a link for you to go check out.
    http://www.redtailboas.com/general_c...eral_care.html
    this should give you the info that you need and then some.

Comment

A good feeding schedule is 7-10 days.

Comment

Fed snake its first pre killed mouse. Thawed it in bag in bowl of water and after thawed in hot water. Snake ate it within 20 min. of discovering it. It was watching it waiting for it to move at first but when it realized it was dead it just ate it.

Comment

HI,
          Good Job, See if you can also convert to a rat product near the same size of the mouse and thaw  the same way, I sometimes will thawt a mouse with the rat product ot trick the boa into eating the rat product.
           Rats have more protien per-ounce and really improve that growth  thing
           doug
          ps  welcome to the forum

Comment

Definately switch to rats. If the need be, wiggle the prey item to stimulate live prey.

Comment

Is it normal or ok for the snake to soak for like 3-4 hours after feeding? water was on the hotter side of tank.

Comment

HI,
                Be sure ambient temps and humidty are correct, many boa's will not drink warm water, if your using the water dish  to increase humidty, put in another water dish on the cool side.
                  Be sure you dont' see anything that looks like pepper floating in the water dish the boa's soaking in. if you do check the care sheet for mite treatments.
                    Other wise keep up the good work
                 doug
                care sheets
                [ftp]http://www.redtailboas.com/general_care/general_care.html[/ftp]

Comment

I have a 7' female BCI and she ALWAYS soaks in her water after eating. Her water dish is on the cool side of the tank. After eating she will soak for a day to a day and a half before moving back to her hide. Don't ask me why but I guess she likes to take a bath after a nice meal. 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X