This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out time for boas.

So do boas normally love to come out of there cages or do they like to dwellin in them. I took my red tail out earlier and he was all happy. He loves to try and drill himself into my nose likes its a cave. Then I got him out tonight and he seemed more reserved like he wasn't as happy to be out. Let me know what ya think!

Re: Out time for boas.

It actually depends on the snake. However, most of them enjoy getting out of their enclosures and exploring. Some can be quite grumpy about it though.

Comment

Well it all depends on the snakes personality. My boa loves to come out and hang with me on the couch watching TV for hours. So much that when I try to put her back she will not let go of me or stay in her cage. Others though just want to be left alone and are generally not happy about being out. They also do not like to be out when they are in a shed cycle. Just remember that boas are like any other animal and have different moods and don't always like being out.

Comment

Hi,
        I ive noticed the adult or sub adults like to be left alone but will enjoy an outing once secure and out, mine usally protest loudly when I haul them Guyana's out of the cage they will let out a loud hiss and sort of moan a complaint and then they try to latch on to something usally one of my arms and then they are ok. MIne are funny around people they don't know,, they sort of tense up and resist being removed and passed around. I believe they have a fear of falling cause when ever I sit  with them they just relax and sort of hang. But if I stand or move around they are always trying to get more leverage on their owner dad. they will stick their tails in my  pants pockets or grab a belt loop.
         My babies will sort of scatter or try to hide and they also will chill after out of the cage and check every thing out, the babies will get in to trouble really fast so I always keep a close watch for that possible escape into a couch or worse under the couch, some boa owners have had to dissect a couch to find their beloved boa's all crunched up in the frame springs of the couch :P, so I try to stay awake when holding them..no napping with snakes please :
          hehehe  hey its your couch..      
           doug

Comment

Hi,
          I ive noticed the adult or sub adults like to be left alone but will enjoy an outing once secure and out, mine usally protest loudly when I haul them Guyana's out of the cage they will let out a loud hiss and sort of moan a complaint and then they try to latch on to something usally one of my arms and then they are ok. MIne are funny around people they don't know,, they sort of tense up and resist being removed and passed around. I believe they have a fear of falling cause when ever I sit  with them they just relax and sort of hang. But if I stand or move around they are always trying to get more leverage on their owner dad. they will stick their tails in my  pants pockets or grab a belt loop.
           My babies will sort of scatter or try to hide and they also will chill after out of the cage and check every thing out, the babies will get in to trouble really fast so I always keep a close watch for that possible escape into a couch or worse under the couch, some boa owners have had to dissect a couch to find their beloved boa's all crunched up in the frame springs of the couch :P, so I try to stay awake when holding them..no napping with snakes please  :
            hehehe  hey its your couch..      
             doug

lol I do know what U mean about falling asleep. I can't with my ball or he is gone. My red tail just usually lays on dad. Of course at this point he is still small so he usually is wrapped around my hand. Sunday I layed on the couch and he layed with me under the covers with just his head sticking out. I just got a little nervous last night cause he seemed to keep moving away from me where as he usually is all in my face. That is where he always wants to go in my face. I get a little nervous but he seems to enjoy climbing up my head and squeezing my ears together. Also drilling up my nose. Did any of urs do this?

Comment

8) My babies love to come out for play time and Delilah loves it when i open her cage and say to her play time girl and she comes right out and wonders around the house.. My JCP's love playtime out on a huge vine plant i have on my kitchen island and they crawl all over it and then hang out up by the sky light in the sun...The BP's are all diffrent and some like to be out hangin on everyones neck and some just dont want to leave there house.. Everyone gets lots of play time here....... ;D ;D

Comment

8) My babies love to come out for play time and Delilah loves it when i open her cage and say to her play time girl and she comes right out and wonders around the house.. My JCP's love playtime out on a huge vine plant i have on my kitchen island and they crawl all over it and then hang out up by the sky light in the sun...The BP's are all diffrent and some like to be out hangin on everyones neck and some just dont want to leave there house.. Everyone gets lots of play time here....... ;D ;D

How are JCP's? A lot of people I talk to say they are aggressive snakes. Are they?

Comment

8) When i first got mine as little babies they was sooo cute but yeah one was alittle nippy and the other just wanted to musk me all the time..But after handling them for few weeks no prob since.. Whats cool about them is they look so sleek and also eat upside down from the tree branches.. If ya get a baby they are normaly nippy but the more ya handle them the less nippy they are.. most tame right down.. I love um, there great pythons...
                This is Psycho, hes a real sweety..Hes such a pretty boy.. I need to get new pics hes gotting alot bigger than this.

Comment

8) When i first got mine as little babies they was sooo cute but yeah one was alittle nippy and the other just wanted to musk me all the time..But after handling them for few weeks no prob since.. Whats cool about them is they look so sleek and also eat upside down from the tree branches.. If ya get a baby they are normaly nippy but the more ya handle them the less nippy they are.. most tame right down.. I love um, there great pythons...
                  This is Psycho, hes a real sweety..Hes such a pretty boy.. I need to get new pics hes gotting alot bigger than this.

Did he ever get ahold of you? Did it hurt?

Comment

One other thing I should metion about taking out your boa. When they deficate it can be quite a bit at once, I was reminded of this fact about 2 hours ago while watching tv with my boa. Had to change clothes, clean the couch (yuk!!!!!) s11.gif, and take a shower. So make sure before you take out your boa there is no large bulge near the vent, it can klead to quite a mess s11.gif s11.gif s11.gif

Comment

8)As far as getting bit only once and that was by Psycho when i first got him out of the box and sack he was in the day i got him and was so funny because i didnt feel a thing and didnt know he had ahold of my finger...He was real tiny then so no i felt nothing.. Ever since then he only looks like hes gona bite when i first open the cage door but he dont and i can pick him right up... Now as far as taking my big female boa out well i make sure she has pooed befour the day i take her out.. Im way ahead of ya on that Blackmarked... hehehehe!!

Comment

8)As far as getting bit only once and that was by Psycho when i first got him out of the box and sack he was in the day i got him and was so funny because i didnt feel a thing and didnt know he had ahold of my finger...He was real tiny then so no i felt nothing.. Ever since then he only looks like hes gona bite when i first open the cage door but he dont and i can pick him right up... Now as far as taking my big female boa out well i make sure she has pooed befour the day i take her out.. Im way ahead of ya on that Blackmarked... hehehehe!!
                        LOL Thats rather funny. My ball has never when to the bathroom outside of his cage. Now I have not fed my boa yet cause he threw up but i'll make sure to keep that in mind when I do :-)

Comment

My boas absolutly love to be out and throw a major tantrum when I try to put them back in. In fact, my big girl (my 7 ftr) when I was trying to put her back in, Bit me in retaliation. SHE DID NOT WANT TO GO BACK IN!!! She was out for two hours, "playing" with the cats and investegating EVERYTHING. She loved it. I just wish I had more time to take them all out and play with them more.

Comment

My boas absolutly love to be out and throw a major tantrum when I try to put them back in. In fact, my big girl (my 7 ftr) when I was trying to put her back in, Bit me in retaliation. SHE DID NOT WANT TO GO BACK IN!!! She was out for two hours, "playing" with the cats and investegating EVERYTHING. She loved it. I just wish I had more time to take them all out and play with them more.

Did it hurt when she got ya? Where did she bite you?

Comment

Nah, it didn't hurt, just kind of stung a bit. She got me right on my forarm. The bite did not want to stop bleeding either. Little tiny pin holes. I've gotten use to it. She's bit me a few times, but nothing serious.

Comment

Working...
                              X