This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinions/help...

Ok, dilemma. I am thinking about selling the new RTB I just received from a breeder about 4 weeks ago. She was born July 02'...so she's still just a baby. I found a couple of other snakes w/the coloration that I REALLY want...one, here on this site and one on another...the boa I have now has some real unique qualities about her...got awesome stripping on the tail...very pretty pink tones as well...BUT I WANT MORE!!! Partly due to the fact that I want this baby around for 20+ yrs...I want my snake to be VERY eye appealing...not that this one isn't...I know I'm getting long winded SO MY QUESTIONS ARE...Where can I sell this snake, or where would you sell a snake...on this site? I found reptileclassifieds.com, any other recommended sites...or are any of you looking??? CLAY YOUR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks guys in advance.

Re: Need your opinions/help...

Hey Todd I would like to caution you againts selling your boa. You should remember that they all change in appearance as they grow and what they look like now is not how they will look when they are older. For example, I got my boa when she was two weeks old when she looked pretty normal with a little pink body color. But now that she is a year old most of her sides are pink and she is also developing some lavender on her head and top of her body. Overall her entire body has also lightened up with all her colors becoming better defined where they seperate. But the opposite can also happen, a beautiful baby boa could lose the nice coloring you are looking for as it ages. Just thought I would warn you because I do not belive in trading in a pet just because it is not as pretty as it could be. What happens when you get a new boa and then you see an even prettier one for sale, there will always be a better looking boa out there. Are you going to constanly trade for the nicer one? Just some thoughts .

Comment

Todd go to the picture page and look at the poast titled Tatdaddy's Pastel female. There is a picture of her as a baby and a picture of her now. This is just an example of how much a boa can change as they grow.

Comment

i see what you mean tatdaddy. blackmarked...points well made & taken. i am just wanting a "blood red" tail... :'(

Comment

Well to get a "blood red tail" you would have to get a true red tail or BCC. They get alot bigger as a general rule and often do not have the awsome body colors that BCI's have. They are also more expensive. The blood red tails that you may see on this site are on BCI's but will almost certainly fade to a rust orange/red color as they age. True red tails are also somewhat more difficult to care for as they are more sensitive to changes in their environments. Hope this clears somethings up for you, in the end however it is still your decision.

Comment

thanks bm...i guess i just want more red/orange and less of the more common copper tones...but i will take what you've said into consideration...maybe instead of selling my BCI...i'll just have to buy a BCC!!!

Comment

Glad to be of help! ;D

Comment

HEY GUYS...I just posted pics of her on the "Boa Constrictor Pictures" board. Let me know what you think...will be getting better "full length" body shots posted here soon.

Comment

Working...
                X