This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen rats

the reason im asking is i finally think i got my baby to eat frozen rats, so far so good she ate one so far and they are way too expensive to buy locally here and i was interested in who everyone used and which one was the best quality company to purchase in bulk from, btw these are the only 3 online suppliers i have found if you know of any others please post

Re: frozen rats

hi,
     The boaphile cannot take any new orders he's over loaded with orders for rats, cages and such.
      I ve tried to order from him in the past.
      doug
    ps remember you orders from rodent breeders frequently have large than average rodents, sometimes those just weinied are as big as smalls at my local petstore, this can be flustrating if your ordering for a smaller snake , this happend to samule and rose they adjusted to the slightly larger food item but I was upset at first.
     doug

Comment

How much do you pay for rats at the pet store? I pay 3 dollars canadian which I suppose is only about 2 dollars american lol. Just wondering as 3 bucks a week is afordable to me.

Comment

I'm going to start going through rodentpro.com. They seem to be the cheapest way to go and they have two day delivery available. They will also take the payments right over the website.

Comment

well ive tried several different store and the cheapest for live and i kill em my self is 4.50 and their frozen are like 5-7 dollars depending on the size for some reason frozen have been more expensive grr thats why im trying the online venues

Comment

HI
            here's a short cut, I usally order an amount that will fill one box but not go over into a second box, if you call your order in they will sometimes over stuff that 1st  box and save you big bucks..
              the rats are frozen hard and fairly clean , never order more than you can use in 6mos, they sometimes have a little freezer burn towards the end, my snakes don't seem to mind.
            this is a shortcut to their pricing way lower than petstores
                [ftp]http://www.rodentpro.com/prod_rats.asp[/ftp]
              doug
            the remember the large are really jumbo's at petstore, just think they are one size larger. Just weined are small and so on.

Comment

My supplier is rodent pro. They have great service. The only thing I wished they would do was vaccum seal their bags. Other than that, they are absolutely great.

Comment

i have been using rodentpro and have really like thier service and if you can get ahold of a small home vacuum sealer such as is sold in sams club or costco for about 100 or bucks you can break down the pkgs into more managable sizes at home and reduce the worry of freezer burn.

Comment

Cajun mice will pack them in small vacum sealed bags... they come the next day every time and they have never messed up my order.. on top of that they pack the big ones in individual bags if you ask them too.. This is good for me becasue my large boa will not eat them if they are wet... I buy from them because I can not pay that shipping cost all the time so I buy 6 months worth and keep them in my freezer... I could not do this with rodent pro with out buying a vacum sealer...
                  Good luck on the frozen thing I think you will find it easyer and cheaper and more healthy for your snake...
                  Eric aka...Red

Comment

great info guys thanks ive had a vaccum sealer for about 11 years now i would die with out it buy food in bulk at my house hehehehehehehe

Comment

Just placed my first order through rodentpro.com, we'll see. They do seem to be the most reasonable.

Comment

8) Not only do i order from rodentpro, but i also have breeders on hand for when i run out.. I have rats, gerbils, mice and soon to have some breeder rabbits... so i know i wont run out... ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X