This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty Trained Snake?

My little boa that is about 3-4 months old and about 3 feet long is potty trained i think...im not sure though..lol because for the last 2 months he has been pissing & pooping in the water bowl... is that normal for him? it kinda makes it easier for me to clean but i dont know if its good..i always washout his water bown afterwards... i just thought it was a little weird...

Re:Potty Trained Snake?

HI,
    I started putting two dishes in my cage one large enough to soak and one small enough to drink but not large enough to play in that way they have clear water.
    Yep its very normal that how they help their shed when little they tend to dry out a little quicker when small.
    DOn't worry when she's full grown she'll poop in the corner and you'll thing a saint benard relieved himself in the cage.. Ah something to look forward to..
    ;D

Comment

oh i know...lol i have 3 other snakes besides this one.. my 7.5 foot boa leaves some big ones...lol

Comment

I thought it was weird that my snakes never soak. I have four and I have never seen 1 of them soak in their bowl. They drink a lot but never soak, they sometimes poo in the water to so I think its just as they pass over the bowl on their way to somewhere else it just happens to happen as they're cruising over it, lol

Comment

Some snakes love to soak and other not too much.. I know I can put Tear in the tub and she will stay for as long as I let her.. She is over 8 foot and loves the water.. But the Surinams I have never soak. They only deal with with soaking with they are put in the plastic tank with water. They get this every preshed they go into...

Steve

Comment

Yep Lynch, Steve and I were talking about this either the same day you posted this or the day before. My 5 year old (almost 7 foot) goes in her water dish 90% of the time. Makes clean up a whole lot easier. But I be sure to change out her water every morning! It's common for snakes to do their business in their water from what I read.

**Beth**

Comment

HI,
              One last point or thought on that water dish, with my guyana 7 + feet they seem to squirm around the cage and ploop their tail in the water dish when they are trying to pass urates so my guess is maybe they are trying to assist that passing of the stones by adding some moisture to the equation ( similar to an enema) cause I always find water on the floor when they pass urates and that water dish is dang near empty ... its a messy cage for sure...
              I usally spot the cage upside down paper here water their and and some really tense boa's staring out looking for someone to clean that dagonn cage... hehe :P I don't think they like the cage all smelly either..

Meesy kids with that I need room service Please!!!!!

doug
              Jeeze what a messy bunchh...

Comment

LOL Doug........ They are telling you, "Hello, can I get some room service over here?!" ;D

**Beth**

Comment

Please tell me what you did to potty train your boa cuz my Mary could use some training herself. LMAO

Lynch, sometimes boas will "GO" in there water dish. Thats also a trick to get your boa to go if he/she hasen't gone in a while and is, what us humans call, constipated. Thats when twards the end of its tail gets unusually swolen. It's really noticable. Happend to my girl a couple times. Just put the boa in some luke cold water to soak for an hour and wala, poo in a bowl. LMAO 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X