This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk Tails...

Ok, newbie questions about coloring, tail uniqueness exct.(sorry but I'll only be able to type descriptions about my own snake due to the fact that I don't have a digital camera, getting poloraids soon, I'll scan some in so you can see my little girl)...my red tail has a real nice stripe connecting 5 of her saddles on her tail. nice grey body, very little black speckles, narrow saddles (not sure if she's actually considered a "narrow saddled" boa) nice pink tones coming out...but the one disapointing thing is that the saddles at the end of her tail are more of a copper tone than a true red.

I ordered her from a breeder online (not Clay ofcourse, BUT I WISHED I HAD) and the pictures tended to make the red tones a little more pronounced. She is going into shed so maybe afterwards I get a more true representation of her coloring.

ONE THING I'VE HEARD, don't know if it's true (looking to you guys for help w/this one too) is that colombian red tail boa's that have stripping on their tales tend to have more of a copperish coloring to their tail saddles vs. red tails that don't. IS THIS TRUE?

As always, thanks guys. ;D

Re: Let's Talk Tails...

No one wants to talk about booty??? :'( Sniff, sniff. lol.

Comment

Well sometimes the term "red tail" misleads us quite a bit.

The term true "red tail" pretty much refers to the BCC boas, boas like guyanas, peruvians, surinames, etc etc. These boas can have a shocking blood red tails and are the reason boas got that name...

BCI boa tails are dominately rusty red or rusty gold colored tails.. And although some Colombian babies can have shocking tails, by and large, they turn rusty red/gold/brown as they age..

I like the body colors and patterns more myself, and would rather have that awesome body coloring and great patterns myself..

But I can say that the tail on BCI's rarely get any redder as they grow
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

(BCI boa tails are dominately rusty red or rusty gold colored tails.. And although some Colombian babies can have shocking tails, by and large, they turn rusty red/gold/brown as they age..

I like the body colors and patterns more myself, and would rather have that awesome body coloring and great patterns myself)

b30.gif I appreciate the input...interesting that you pay more attention
        to body coloring...my baby just shed & has some great body coloring, lots of pink...the yellow around her tail saddles are bold and yellow...and as you mentioned above...more of a "Rusty Red" or orange.

Muchos Gracias Amigo!

Comment

Working...
        X