This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Shed

This is so wierd. Osiris is a little over 4 months old. I thought he was ready to start shedding again because he was super dark and dull and his skin was a little loose looking. So I left him alone and that night I come home and his skin is beautiful and shiny and really super light. So I am looking for a shed skin and cannot find anything! I took him out and tore his cage apart looking for it???? ??? Well he must have not shed cause 2 days later he looks a little dull again...... Hmmmmmmm

I know sometimes when my girls are really warm they turn darker until they cool off but this was different. Just thought I would share, I wonder if any of you guys have seen this.......?

**Beth**

Re:Invisible Shed

Hey Beth,

I have seen a couple of my snakes do this during shed as well. They will go blue or not even blue just dull and then clear right up and then go dull again and clear up before they eventually shed. I think it has something to do with their stress level and the way they produce whatever it is under the skin in order to prepare for a shed.

On another note it is very uncommon, but snakes sometimes begin a shed and then stop it and don't shed for another few weeks. I don't know what causes this and it is very rare from my experience.

It's nothing I would worry myself about. I would up the humidity a bit and keep an eye on him and see if he goes into blue soon if he hasn't already.

Comment

Ya' and on a even more uncommon this is that they eat there shed... Not to often though and I have never herd of it from a boa...
      ERic aka...Red

Comment

eat their shed how crazy that is uncommon i have never seen that happen before?

Comment

My girl did that only once that I can remember. Her eyes would get hazy then no shed for about a week and a half, but like I said, that has only happend once. Now she shedsperfectly every time. 8)

Comment

That's funny you mention that Red, because that was the first thought I had. But I didn't want to look silly suggesting it. LOL But I can tell that he hasn't shed yet.

**Beth**

Comment

Working...
            X