This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity - Cold Water vs Hot

I've been spraying down my enclosure with hot water for awhile now like the caresheet says to do but I can seem to keep humidity up for very long. I sprayed with cold water today and it seemed to last alittle longer. I was thinking of adding a mist system to the enclosure to spray a few times a day. The only problem is it would have cold water in it or atleast room temp water. My question is would misting with room temp water hurt the snake any if he got soaked. The cage is plenty warm so I doubt his body temp would even go down, but I thought I'd ask for opinions.

-Thanks.

Re: Humidity - Cold Water vs Hot

Unlike the others.. We use room temp water to spray down for misting on our snakes. Have never had a problem at all assoicated with doing such either. We even spray the snake's down at times. Long as your temps are set correctly.. I wouldn't think it would be a problem using room temp water for misting at all...

Comment

Room temp water has never been a problem. That water is 72 to 76 degrees generally in a snake room. That will work just fine...

I have just noticed that straight cold tap water (which can be in the 60 degree range and much colder in cold climates) out of the faucet will "shock" the boas and they will jerk and coil in reaction to the cold water...

Room temp will be just fine. I just don't recommend cold water.
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

I just don't recommend cold water
        HMM.. Just think of jumping into a cold shower and the shock that you'd get. Would be oretty similar to the boa if cold water was used I would think also. Especially if your expecting a warm/hot shower hehe

Comment

I usually use room temp or warm water to mist. My boa's like the warm water dripping from the plant leaves :-)

Comment

you said that your humidity is hard to keep up? How is you r cage set up ie.. What type of cage, ventalation. things like this will have a gret factor in humidity as well as temp.

Comment

i keep extra mister bottles and gallon jugs of water under my table with my snake stuff on it , she has never had any probs resp. wise or anything but i keep seperate water for her, if the budget is right she gets bottled water lmao spoiled snake huh heheheh

Comment

HI,
                Tat was asking about cage set up ,heat source type of cage and such. Many times the heat source can take away alot of humidty.example extrenal CHE, Lights ,opne screenon top of cage and such .
                  doug

Comment

Working...
                X