This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring boas?

Does anybody know the most precise way to gauge how long a boa is? Right now I just use the shed skin since it always comes off in a complete piece. Is this accurate, or is there another way that does not involve trying to keep the snake still cwm34.gif?

Re: Measuring boas?

Well I know with my redtail and ball pythong I put them on the floor and they general straighten up at some point and I use a measuring tape. If they are a little curled I just and what I think that curl would add. Try it and see if it works.

Paul

Comment

Man I wish that worked with mine, firstly my boa does not like to be seperated from me, you should see the fight I go through when I try to put her back in her cage :P. Secondly if I do manage to put her down she just crawls back and latches on to my leg or any thing else she can reach. It is kinda cute but also anoying in some ways. She is sorta like a sucky dog who needs constant attention, lol

Comment

Man I wish that worked with mine, firstly my boa does not like to be seperated from me, you should see the fight I go through when I try to put her back in her cage  :P. Secondly if I do manage to put her down she just crawls back and latches on to my leg or any thing else she can reach. It is kinda cute but also anoying in some ways. She is sorta like a sucky dog who needs constant attention, lol
        That is rather cute lol. My redtail kinds does the same when I put him back it's a struggle to get him in. He trys to get back out faster then I can get the lid on sometimes. What kinda boa is it? My ball python is a happy little guy. He is almost 4 feet and hardly ever stops moving. Like right now he is in his tree moving all around. He's in heaven when I take him outside. But that how I always measure mine cause when he is on the floor or outside he stays mostly straight.

Comment

Lol if the trying to get out from the cage before the lid was closed was the worst of my problems, this one won't leg go of you in the first place. Even when I have her out she never goes any farther than she can while still keeping her tail wraped around some part of my body. She is a year old columbian imperator. Which by the way is according to her last shed over a meter long (3 1/2 feet).

Comment

s15.gif cwm38.gif Messuring by a shed skin is not accurate its usualy streched out when the snake sheds and its also moist, have you tried messuring with a string? Have someone hold one end to the boas nose and take it all the way down to the tip of the tail, even when not streched out all the way if you have help with the string you can get a pretty good messurment from that .. I just let mine crawl around and as soon as they get streched out good enough i use a tape messure thats the kind a semstress uses.. b28.gif

Comment

Ya that sounds like a very good idea, thanx for the suggestion.

Comment

Man I wish that worked with mine, firstly my boa does not like to be seperated from me, you should see the fight I go through when I try to put her back in her cage  :P. Secondly if I do manage to put her down she just crawls back and latches on to my leg or any thing else she can reach. It is kinda cute but also anoying in some ways. She is sorta like a sucky dog who needs constant attention, lol
                Are they generally good temperment snakes? I have two boys and I want a girl bad. How big do they get? Where did U get her?

Comment

Well for the most part they are probable the best natured snake out there but there are exceptions. They tend to range in between 6 and 8 feet although females can get bigger but not more than 9 to 10 feet. I got mine from a friend who breeds them in my home town. If you want to know more check out clays care guides they have all the info you will need since bci's are his specialty.

Comment

The best way I've found to measure my larger and smaller snakes is to use this program you can download form this site.
                    http://www.serpwidgets.com/cornsnakes/Apps/apps.html
                    It's this great program where you take a digital picture of the snake next to a ruler and the program can make one of the most accurate measurements I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X