This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity

I use an aquarium I was just wondering what are some good ways to raise the humidity in there. I spray with a water bottle but it seems to only stay humid for a little bit then it is dry. Thanks!

Re: Humidity

How many gallons?

Comment

How many gallons?

Right now 10 gallon but in about 2 weeks 55 gallon.

Comment

I wouls start by covering the top of the cage. Try a towel first wet it down this should raise the humidity in the 10 gallon. as for the 55 go to the cages and enclosure fourm and take a look at doug's post on problems with a 40 critter. This should help you out a lot.
        Welcome to the fourm by the way.

Comment

I wouls start by covering the top of the cage. Try a towel first wet it down this should raise the humidity in the 10 gallon. as for the 55 go to the cages and enclosure fourm and take a look at doug's post on problems with a 40 critter. This should help you out a lot.
          Welcome to the fourm by the way.
          Thanks. Just got a baby red tail and I wanna make sure I do everything right. In the ten gallon I use a screen top with a 90 watt red flood light. Should I just cover that open area with wet towel? Should I continue spraying the tank?

Comment

Try this if you have a towel you don't mind cuting o hole in put the towel on the tank just how you want it. I would leave just a little (about a 1/2&quot uncovered just for ventalation. Then mark where you want the light to set and cut a hole to fit. This should help get the humidity up aswell as the temp on that hot spot.

Tatdaddy.

Comment

Try this if you have a towel you don't mind cuting o hole in put the towel on the tank just how you want it. I would leave just a little (about a 1/2&quot uncovered just for ventalation. Then mark where you want the light to set and cut a hole to fit. This should help get the humidity up aswell as the temp on that hot spot.

Tatdaddy.
              Well right now he is in a 10 gallon which really isn't big. I got his heat lamp on one side and a damp wash cloth covering up too the light on the other side of the screen lid. I have an under the tank heater on the cooler side.

Comment

ditch the 10 gallon cage asap. there is no way to properly regulate the correct temps in such a small cage. also you should have your heat source on one side of the cage only. your cool end should be kept at between 78-82 without any heat source, and the side with the heat source should have temps of between 85-88.

Comment

ditch the 10 gallon cage asap. there is no way to properly regulate the correct temps in such a small cage. also you should have your heat source on one side of the cage only. your cool end should be kept at between 78-82 without any heat source, and the side with the heat source should have temps of between 85-88.
                  What kinda cage would U recommend?

Comment

I just ordered 1 of 3 that Iwill have my snakes in. www.theboaphile.com and go check out his cages.

Comment

I have another suggestion for you that is a little easier. I to use a aqurium at the moment and to raise the humidity all I did is cover about 3/4 of the top with plastic and duck taped it in place. The other space is for the heat lamp and ventalation. I also use a large water dish that is about half on the uth which keeps my humidity perfect and steady without having to continually wet down a towel. I am however going to build a custom cage this summer which should prove better in the heating department as it is hard to maintain glass aquriums at the proper temps.

p.s. make sure you keep the plastic cover far enough away from the che so it does not melt or burn. Other wise I have not had any problems with this set up for humidity.

Comment

Working...
                      X