This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very sad situation

i recently went to a pet store to which i will never go into again, and saw the most horrific thing i have ever seen i almost lost my stomach in the store. we walked into the store, wed never been into it before, my hubby and i, and out of curiosity we went back to look at the snakes... ok i freaked out there was a tiny 11 inch baby albino burmese python in a cage and he was so dehydrated and shriveled up he looked like my great granny. i got to looking a little closer and i thought he was dead. i went and got a sales person and said ,you need to check this cage i think this poor guy is dead, her response was hes just messed up!!!!!!!!!!!! and walked away by this time i was hotttttttttt. so i went round the corner to see if shed come back sure enough she did and opened it up i walked back over there and she said hes still alive look hes moving , the poor little thing was so weak you couldnt tell he was breathing. she said the burmese that was in the tank with him got sick and gave it to him, and he wont eat and we force fed him today, you could tell by looking at him that wasnt true. then she squirted him with water shut the door and walked away. i just gave up trying to tell that girl he was really sick and needed a vet's attention, btw he had mites too. and today, this happened sat. i called every animal control number i could find and reported that place it was aweful that poor little guy is gonna sit in that cage a die, hes no bigger around that a regular number 2 pencil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope that something actually comes out of me calling because no little guy should have to suffer that way. i never touched the cage or the baby but my husband and i scrubbed our arms and hands really good before we messed with our lil baby. i hope i never witness another thing like that again. ever......

Re: very sad situation

> :'( Unfortunantly most pet shop employees are just there for the paycheck. You should have spoken to a manager or the store owner about the situation. You are right, no animal desearves to be treated like that. I can think of a few humans who do though!!!!!! Hopefully something does get done about that guy. Like the place gets shut down, or a very large fine. Or at the least, the ones that need help get ALL the help they need. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Really places like that should be reported to authorities and the shut down while the owners are charged for cruelty to animals. Unfortunatly most animal groups only care about animals with fur, but then again anywhere that treats any animal like that most likely treats all there animals badly. By any chance was this a major pet store chain? There usually the worst, petland from what I know is at the top of the black list.

Comment

i hope he gets the help he needs, i even told the girl if he wasnt eeating to come here and get the recipe for the yogurt egg meal from lori, she didnt seem interested i just hope the little guy doesnt have something incurable but more that likely if he got it from the other snake he has a slim chance of making it, i was so mad i didnt think to ask to talk to the manager, i should have, my dad owned a pet store and i have never ever seen anything like that before in my life. they tried to say hed seen a vet ,and been fed but if that was the case hed not be out there for sale for 249.99 looking the way he did. im still pi**ed off about it. i hope they get what they desrve letting poor helpless animal suffer like that.

Comment

it wasnt a big chain it was a privately own shop in longview tx called wet, pets and critters, the petco i went there too for the first time, their snakes actually looked good.

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually surprised to say, Petco takes really good care of theire reptiles. The one where I live, the manager of the reptile section is one of the members of the reptile society here. He takes very good care of them and has helped me out somewhat too.

Comment

i was kind of surprised too until a customer lady had heard me saying how nice looking these snakes were that the other place, and she told me that she sold her rainbow boa to a associate there and that most of the people running the reptile section were snake owners so that made me feel better. they had a pretty mexican rosy boa, it was fairly reasonably priced but i dont know the first thing about them but it was a pretty lil thing though. the cages were clean and they all had water. was very impressed for a larger chained pet store

Comment

:'( :'( > You know that is just to sad and i would have been very upset about that if it was me... That poor snake!!!!! :'( :'(
                Other than it having mites and it being badly dehydrated they probably never did feed it a fuzzy size mouse thinkin it would get sold first.. That really makes me mad just to here about it.. poor snake.. :'(

Comment

he was a very pretty snake too, they obviously didnt care if he lived or not. i intend to call the animal control number back in a few days to see if any action was taken if not im going to try to find a higher sorce to complain to.

Comment

Good for you redtailedmel !!! way to go.. do you know if its still alive??? Poor thing.. :'( :'( My heart just breaks everytime something like that happens... keep us informed on what happens..

Comment

Do you have an S.P.C.A in you area or something like them? In my experience they will make a big stink even for reptiles which can lead to the authorities taking the proper action against the owners and/or employees. Give them a try if no one else seems to care.

Comment

i located the closest one to them and called that number i had to dial a few other before reaching that number but i told them how mad i was to see that and that i hope something would be done about it. oh and believe me im gonna call back it takes a few days to get some one off their butts so i am going to give it til wed then im calling back.

Comment

Good for you, give them a good swift kick in the butt!!!!!!!! b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif b24.gif

Comment

Working...
                          X