This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often does your Boa drink?

Just curious as to how often you've noticed your boa drinking from her dish? I haven't seen mine drink very often...her dish is right under her light...is the water getting to hot? Should her water dish be in the shade?

I haven't really read anywhere about how often your boa should be drinking...just that water should be provided. Any feedback is appreciated as usual!!!

Re: How often does your Boa drink?

While many people will place a water dish close to the heat source to aide in raising the humidity, there should also be another "drinking" water dish located on the cooler end. Boas will not tend to drink "hot" water, and I find that boas very seldom will soak in the "hot" water.

Try using 2 water dishes and see if that helps.

Also, most boas will drink at night. They feel safer at night when it comes to prowling and drinking. So make sure that at night it is "lights out" and provide them with the dark they need.
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

;D Thanks Clay!

Comment

HI,
        My older boa's only drink right after I change the water, this makes me think they like it fresh and cool.
        My babies sneak at nite, Ive started putting two water bowels in both ends of the cage, one really close to the hides seems to be the favorite. I like the really large ceramic water dishes, the largest i can find, and try and change water daily and rinse that slime out of the dish, i keep rubbing the dish with my finger until the entire inside of the dish feels clean free of slime.
        doug
        them boa's can be picky can't say i blame them...

Comment

i have had my red tail for almost two years now and i have only seen him drink 1 time. my boa tends to drink late at night when the lights are off and there is no movement in the room.

Comment

i keep two water bowls in my boas cage and change them daily, like Clay said one on the hot ide and one on the cool side.  he will soak in the hot one and drink from the cool one.  i see my boa drink about every other night.  like someone else siad they drink at night when they feel safe.

froggy

Comment

I need to do two things, one...add another dish & two get bigger dishes. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X