new cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cage

my boa is going to need a new cage soon and im sorta on a budget which is why im looking know because im willing to spend anything but i need to know how much i will need so i can work on getting it any advice on where to buy good cage for decent prices

Re: new cage

It depends on what you are looking for. Jeff Ronne aka The Boaphile makes awesome enclosures that most people here use. I would recommend him. I personally have used Animal Plastics and PVC Cages because they did custom sizes. Now, the custom sizes are much more expensive than what the Boaphile's are. Just click on his link on the front page, you can look at his enclosures.

Star
    weird_science04
    RTB Staff / Global Moderator
    Last edited by weird_science04; 11-02-2008, 08:13 PM.

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Boaphiles all the way for me. You cant beat the quality for the price. You will find that most people on this site also use boaphiles and will highly recomend them.

Comment

i currently own only one snake ive been told he only makes breeder cages

Comment

PVC Cages

Animal Plastics

These are 2 other companies that are good. Both companies will allow you to pick dimensions that are not listed on their website. PVC Cages has better customer service than Animal Plastics. It took me about 2-3 months to get my cages in the mail from Animal Plastics and about 3 weeks from PVC Cages. I love my animals plastics but there is a long wait time.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

I actually found these forums, because I came from the python community, and a few reputable breeders used Jeff's cages. I went to his forums, and that ultimately got me here.

Another alternative is Proline cages. What I liked about them is that you can divide them from the outside, which works nice for hots. Just another alternateive, and I beleive his are a little taller.

Constrictors Northwest - Proline Cages

Comment

Originally posted by green_dude090 View Post
              What? I've never heard of that...
              His 4x2x2 cage(421d) is great for your boa for the rest of his life.
              It is definitely not a "breeder" only cage.

Comment

Originally posted by green_dude090 View Post
                That depends on your definition of a "breeder" cage versus a "casual" cage. Yes, boaphile plastics cages are stackable and optimized for breeding projects, but they're also top of the line and make great cages for even the casual owner. If you care about the health and longevity of a snake that could stick with you for thirty years, it's definitely worth spending the couple hundred dollars and getting a Boaphile, or something comparable.

I think the problem lies in that mainstream herping consists of what you see at Petco, which is a severely watered down version of the hobby. Yes, you can get your snake an aquarium with a heat lamp for sheer display purposes, but in the long run buying a snake is taking on a living thing that you need to make as comfortable as is possible. Making the setup look good can be a blast, but it should be your second priority. And, thus, why Boaphiles get the job done. Plus, heck- say what you will, but they're gorgeous!

My first Boaphile arrives next week, actually, and I'm a single snake owner... For the time being, anyway.

-C

Comment

Originally posted by shoomlah View Post
                  That depends on your definition of a "breeder" cage versus a "casual" cage. Yes, boaphile plastics cages are stackable and optimized for breeding projects, but they're also top of the line and make great cages for even the casual owner. If you care about the health and longevity of a snake that could stick with you for thirty years, it's definitely worth spending the couple hundred dollars and getting a Boaphile, or something comparable.

I think the problem lies in that mainstream herping consists of what you see at Petco, which is a severely watered down version of the hobby. Yes, you can get your snake an aquarium with a heat lamp for sheer display purposes, but in the long run buying a snake is taking on a living thing that you need to make as comfortable as is possible. Making the setup look good can be a blast, but it should be your second priority. And, thus, why Boaphiles get the job done. Plus, heck- say what you will, but they're gorgeous!

My first Boaphile arrives next week, actually, and I'm a single snake owner... For the time being, anyway.

-C
                  Well stated I couldn't agree more. Practically a sales pitch but you have
                  made a completely true statement
                  . . . . . . Lar M

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

ok guys i have one more ??? which of these options should i choose i want the best for my girl so money is no object thanks for all the help

Comment

It depends on what you are looking for. I want space for my snake. I want them to climb and have a miniature realistic home. This is me though. The only reason I have never purchased from Jeff Ronne is because of size. That is it. I love his design, I love how he builds them, and I love how they look. I just want more head space. I want height to go with length. This is my personal opinion. You can't tell me that my almost 3 year old female does not enjoy this extra space lol: (First picture was taken last night)

Or this space:

Or hanging out here:

When I start running out of space though and I must buy enclosures that are smaller then I will go nowhere else other than the Boaphile. Unless he starts making custom enclosures, then I will go to him before than.

Star
                      weird_science04
                      RTB Staff / Global Moderator
                      Last edited by weird_science04; 11-03-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Thankyou to Jeff Ronne (Mr. Boaphile) here is a link to a thread i started after i dealt with Jeff for the first time. I currently have 3 of his cages at home and i just ordered 2 more. they work great and they are inexpensive...

Comment

Working...
                        X