X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me?

I read this articlew today and couldn't believe it. s29.gif

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A Swedish man who tried to kill two pet boa constrictors by putting them in a freezer was cleared by a court of animal cruelty charges, Swedish TT news agency reported on Thursday.

The 22-year-old man from Ornskoldsvik in northern Sweden, who had bought the snakes from a friend, tried to kill them by putting them in his freezer for 4-5 hours then burying them under some rocks. But a few days later a man walking his dog found them and one was still alive.

A court said freezing was a method recommended by some reptile experts, but the man should have found out how long they must be kept in the freezer to die.

http://news.lycos.com/news/story.asp...storyId=676324

This sort of thing really has to make you angry... s5.gif cwm23.gif

Re: Are you kidding me?

A court said freezing was a method recommended by some reptile experts, but the man should have found out how long they must be kept in the freezer to die.
    HMM.. A nicely used example of a rather "disgusting" reccomendation for the euthanization of a reptile/snake IMO. That method is an old one and should only be considered for use in circumstances that the reptile is terminally ill and / or suffering from disease or such. AND even then ..This is NOT really a great method to utilize anyways. There are other more humane methods that can be utilized in such cases where it is a needed venue for a reptile / snake.

My input on thios one.. It's DISGUSTING ! ???

Comment

> > cwm23.gif b10.gif b4.gif Why is the human race so cruel!!!! Again, another example of why I'm ashamed to be a member is the human race!!!!!! I just don't understand this. Does no one care about the little creatures any more!!!!! I'm sorry, but I stand firm on this opinion. If a person purposely and intently causes cruelity and harm to another creature, the same should be inflicted to him. s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s5.gif s5.gif s5.gif cwm23.gif

Comment

That is absolutly wrong on some many levels!!!! I don't even do that to my mice I breed for food. It is possibly the worst way to die as the cells that freeze burst before the animal dies, which is very painful. Then to not even make sure they are dead!! Animals are not toys you can just thow away when you get bored of them!!! If only I could get to this guy, I would make sure he wouldn't even consider doing anything of the sort again!!!!!!!!! b17.gif b17.gif

Comment

HI,
          I hope you understand that many people sell and keep animals for many different reason's, some pet store will accept adults back fro re-sale but have time limits for keeping a large boa, so that boa may wind up in the rat freezer if someone dosen't rescue it.
            I ve seen up to 10-12 adult bci in a petsore here in VA that were bring backs, many had scars, some looked a mess.
            if petsores continue to sell without education this will occur.
           I believe the selling of animals strictly for profit without providing education , is wrong. thats why so many boa's are sick and die that first year.
           And some of the yearlings wind up in the petsore as rejects due to size and food requirements. The owners couldn't believe how big they are..
            I can handle 5 boa's and thats enough for now. be sure you can handle all your cage requirments for that new animals entire life before you bring it home, them little boa's sure are cutie pies but the adults are what I like.. Maybe its time to require training/education before purchase of large boids..this is an ugly problem not easily fixed.
           doug...  

Comment

That is rediculous!
            It is amazing how heartless and cruel people can be.

Comment

Working...
            X