This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake won't eat!

I am not sure how this whole thing works but I was wondering if anybody knows what I can do to get my boa to eat. It has been almost a month now, I usually go every 10 days. He got a burn and I have been medicating him, but he won't eat or shed right since the burn. How can I get him to eat and shed properly?

Re: Snake won't eat!

Treat the burn first. As far as the shedding part, he will probably not shed very well for awhile, untill the burn is scarred over and fully healed. That's going to be awhile. As far as the eating part. He may just be stressed out from the burn and the constant treatment of the burn. Give him some time. Think about how you feel, after you are seriously hurt. Eating is probably the last thing on your mind.

Comment

yes, treat the burn first. i wouldnt handle him much as this can add to the stress. make sure he/she has plenty of hides in her cage, and change his/her substrate to paper towels (if you already havent done so.)..and what ever caused the burn, take it out. good luck with your snake .. and never ever use heat rocks as any source of heat

Comment

Yes, definently treat the burn first .Have you taken the snake to a vet for this burn ? If not , how are you treating the burn? The treatment could be very stressfull.
        Aslong as there is no serious weight loss the snake should be fine for a while longer without feeding , just keep offering food.

Good Luck
        Later
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        X