This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BABY RED TAIL BOA IN WITH BALL PYTHON

Check out Clay's care guides. This is not reccommended because they are different species and the ball python is much larger. Not a good idea.

Re: BABY RED TAIL BOA IN WITH BALL PYTHON

Why did you buy another snake if you don't know much about them?

Comment

Not a good idea due to a few differnt things..
      1. The snakes are two different species.. one is a python the other a boa. They require different husbandry in order to remain healthy.
      2. Microbial things that are fine and normal for one of them, could be the death of the other or some health issue of a lessor degree possibly. The immunities for each of those ss are different as they originate from different ecosystems that harbor different pathogens/microbials etc.
      3. If one gets sick, chances are the other shall also.
      4. When adding a new reptile to your collection you should ALWAYS QUARANTINE the new one for at least a month.. up to three or 6 is even better.
      5. Pythons reuire a higher humidity than boas basically. If the Python does not have the higher humidity , then it will most likely have bad sheds. Which in itself could lead to further health problems for the python.
      6. If you keep the boa at the higher humidity that the python needs, then the boa could come down with scale rot or such from the higher moisture in the cage.
      7. The snakes , even if they were the same ss, are NOT size compatable at all. The smaller one could wind up getting crushed by the larger one possibly.

That should be enough reasoning to NOT be keeping these two snakes together in the same cage at all I would think.

JCW...
      Why did you buy another snake if you don't know much about them?
      A lot of people do this sort of thing..for different reasons. The person is asking questions now..too late to go back on what has been done at this point. So let's try and help them out to set it all straight for the snakes' health and well being now

Comment

ok so i made a mistake by getting 2 snakes but i plan to go through with the ownership of my snakes thanx for the feed back

Comment

Working...
        X