This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEEDING DEAD

aS SOME MAY KNOW I HAVE RECENTLY GOT A 6 YEAR OLD BCI FROM A PREVIOUS OWNER WHO DID NOT WANT HIM ANY MORE HE WAS BROUGHT TO ME WITH ILLNES BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION. i HAVE SWITCHED HIM OVER SUCCESFULLY TO EATING DEAD RATS WHEWW!! YIPY!! mY QUESTION IS THIS "I HAVE HEARD" SWITCHING THEM TO DEAD CAN SOMTIMES GET SOME AGRESSION OUT OF THEM AND DELETE OTHER FEEDING PROBLEMS. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE AGRESSION THING TO START TAKING EFFECT? I.E MY OTHER BOA I FEED DEAD AND SHE DON.T REALY CONSTRICT OR NOTHING AND MY BIG BOA DON'T EITHER BUT HOW LONG IF THERE IS A CHANGE/ MY KNEW ONE I DON'T THINK HAS A AGRESSIVE BONE IN HER BODY BUT I HAVENT HAD MORE THEN A MONT WITH HER AND I STILL NEED TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HER PAST 6 YEARS WERE LIKE. THANK STEVE ;D ;D

Re: FEEDING DEAD

Yes you are correct. Feeding prekill does help the snake to become more docile. But as far as for how long will it takes, it all depends on the demeanor of the snake. My girl was already 6 ft long and we are assuming about 6-8 years old when we got her. From what we've been told she was fed live in her early life, untill the rat bit back. After that we think she ate both but we're not sure, the people who had her before us had her for a very short time. She was very calm when we got her and very non-agressive. (Unless of course you stick your hand in the cage after playing with the rats!!!! LOL ) I would just give it time and see how things go. As you said, she may not have an agressive bone in her body.

Comment

hey thanxs spunds like you had the same deal i had here ive been working in her mouth combating mr for a month and she never bites or hisses or nothing so if i feed her dead she might be good enough to be a saint. s12.gif s12.gif s12.gif b16.gif b16.gif

Comment

HI,
        Drop a stool at your favorite vet and be sure she's not carrying a parasite load from her previous eating habbits.
            She's a lucky snake to have someone care enough to feed the best.
            I had a very aggresive snappy and mean  argentine boa  mellow out after a few months and was actually sweet. my wife never knew she was aggresive,, its the only boa I own that she would hold..   hehe
          doug

Comment

Working...
        X