swimming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] swimming?

so here's another silly newb question for you all... i see a lot of photos/videos around of people letting their boas soak in the tub or in a basin, and just have a little swim. i put my 4 month old in some shallow luke-cool water in a tub, and he seemed pretty chilled, relaxed and seemed to enjoy it...

is there a particular benefit to letting boas soak? i know if that they are shedding or shedding soon that it can be beneficial... but just in general?

thanks

Re: swimming?

Yes. It can help with hydration because water gets into their vent and they actually absorb some, it helps with shedding issues, and it often encourages them to have a bowel movement. Some of mine will sit pretty unoffended about being in water, while others seem to hate it. I don't soak any of mine routinely though.

Comment

However, just a word of caution...

Don't fill it any higher than you boa's back. Halfway up his side is the most you should really go.

And don't leave him alone, even for a minute!

Comment

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that he's just laying On the bottom of the tub in the water, not constantly having to swim. I just stood and watched him and took him out when he looked like he was getting antsy.

Good to know about the hydration though, as it's really dry where I live, so I'll count it as every little bit counts

Thanks guys!

Comment

Tina and Dangles summed it up. I don't think there are any other benefits than those. It definatly aids in bowel movements and that is the main way i get a boa to go if he's a little backed up. Definatly don't run the water deep, you don't want your boa swimming, just soaking so half way up them and offer something for them to climb up on to, I use a balled up wash cloth in the middle.

Comment

Working...
          X