I need help boa keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] I need help boa keepers

I have a snake that got out and I searched for three weeks to find. I recently found this snake inside a speaker that has been played loud on multiple occasions. it is unbelievable to find this snake in the speaker considering where it was. Please help my snake is very disoriented a week after. She will spin her head around violently like she is trying to protect it found many predators. I believe she was dehydrated and might still but I have raised the humidity level substantially and giving her plenty of water. She is even sprayed often throughout the day. does anyone know what else I can do?

Re: I need help boa keepers

I would soak her in a tub every night for 1 hour or so, turn lights off and low stim environment, no handling, and just let it be for a week or so. then slowly bring things back to normal.
    s

Comment

Re: I need help boa keepers

Tough one, not a normal situation with a simple fix. I would suggest just leaving him alone. He's probably stressed beyond belief and may even have permanent damage depending on how loud the speaker was. You are doing well with the water and keeping the humidity up. Keep his temps at a good range, and let him be. Watch him for a while to see if the head thrashing stops. If it doesn't stop after a while you should take him into the vet. It could be some sort of permanent damage. If that's the case you may have to say good-bye but I don't think so. HOpe he is okay and keep informed

Comment

Working...
      X