Proper cage for a BRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Housing] Proper cage for a BRB

Need some advice. I am planning on getting a Brazilian Rainbow. Can someone help me out and suggest a cage that is conducive to the higher humidity requirements that a BRB needs.

thanks

Re: Proper cage for a BRB

Plastic tubs or a boaphile. Either one will do just fine. If you wanted a boaphile, go with a three ft long one. That will house it comfortably for life.

They are gorgeous boas, btw! Everyone I show my collection to always points my brb out as their favorite.

Comment

I would say a Boaphile plastics cage. Everyone on here recommends them for boas and I think they hold humidity well. (I don't personally have one.. yet).

Comment

My boaphiles keep a constant humidity above 80, and that's with the water on the cool side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed. My BRB is currently in a glass tank with a combo of plexi and insulation over the top to retain heat and humidity, but my next cage will be a proper reptile enclosure: Boaphile, Pro-Line, etc.

And Dangles is absolutely correct: a 36" enclosure will suit your BRB for life! The 80% humidity he mentioned is also right where you want to be with a BRB. They do best at 70% to 80% humidity.

They really are stunning animals! ...And gentle! I'm a big fan of BRBs.

Funny - my BRB poked his head out of his hide as I was writing this. "You talking about me again?"

Comment

I kept Cuban boas for awhile and I used aquariums with solid melamine lids. I just covered 3 sides with decorative background so they would feel secure. I used UTH so that if the humidity dropped a little bit I could just set the water bowl over the heat for a little bit. As others said, a 3 foot Boaphile would last for life with almost any Epicrates.
            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I'm thinking you should use plastic or wood, but stay away from all glass aquariums.

Comment

I keep my BRB in natural terrarium with 80% of humidity. They are great snakes and very fun to work with

Comment

we either use plastic tubs or AP cages, both hold humidity very well

Comment

Working...
                  X