No announcement yet.

Guyana care?? Different than BCI??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] Guyana care?? Different than BCI??

I've heard that Guyana's need different cage temps and humidity than BCIs. Is that true?? My temps are at 90 of warm side, 80 on cool, and humidity at 56-60%. Thanks,
    Will

Re: Guyana care?? Different than BCI??

i keep my 3 BCC's at the same temps and humidty as my 5 BCI boas because they are all in my snake room but heres some info from one of the best BCC breeders on here look about 3/4th the way down

Rio Bravo Reptiles: Boa Care

i never heard anything different other then feeding schedual because BCC have more sensitive stomachs then BCI's (thats just what i have heard)

Comment

right on, thanks. what do you mean more sensitive stomachs?? Like they need more time to digest?? thanks again,
      will

Comment

Originally posted by THESURFER View Post
        right on, thanks. what do you mean more sensitive stomachs?? Like they need more time to digest?? thanks again,
        will
        i think thats what it was im not sure take a look at that guide it might say

Comment

sensitive stomachs = more likely to regurge. bcc, from what i have read and heard from experienced keepers, means you should feed smaller, less frequent meals. they will grow slower, take longer to mature, but they will keep all their meals down and they will be long and lean and should live longer healthier lives. this could work very well for bci too though.

Comment

Originally posted by THESURFER View Post
            will
            I've kept several BCCs and never had any regurg or stomach problems. Pretty small sample-set, but that's my experience.

In fact, the only regurg's I can recall of BCC or BCI were wild caught animals that were stressed.

Proper feeding (size and frequency) goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof View Post
              I've kept several BCCs and never had any regurg or stomach problems. Pretty small sample-set, but that's my experience.

In fact, the only regurg's I can recall of BCC or BCI were wild caught animals that were stressed.

Proper feeding (size and frequency) goes a long way.
              ya i have never had my bccs regurge i have actually never had any of my boas regurge but i have also heard they have more sensitve stomachs

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                ya i have never had my bccs regurge i have actually never had any of my boas regurge but i have also heard they have more sensitve stomachs
                Yeah - I've read/heard that too. I wasn't arguing. I just didn't want to scare anyone away thinking BCCs puke up their rats all the time. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof View Post
                  Yeah - I've read/heard that too. I wasn't arguing. I just didn't want to scare anyone away thinking BCCs puke up their rats all the time. LOL.
                  i no dude lol

Comment

Working...
                  X