boa with a booboo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] boa with a booboo

i just helped lexus get the last few bits of shed off her nose[she had retained shed over her nostrils from a previous shed] and along her jaw. i couldn't put her in the bath tub so i popped her in a rubbermaid tub and threw a few damp, warm towels over her.worked perfectly.

anyways.she has an old wound on her nose. im not sure what its from.[the old owner "doesn't remember that"] it looks almost like it could be a bite from a rat perhaps? but her old owner says she feeds f/t, and even sent a few frozen rats along with the snake, so im not sure. i'll try to get a pic of it.

as i was getting the shed off her nose with tweezers i lifted up the end of the scab accidently and it looks like the wound is pretty deep. so i trimmed around the piece of shed on her nose[ its on the scab] and popped some antibiotic cream on it.

what do you guys think i should do? leave it be and have the scab fall off in its own time? or take it off?

Re: boa with a booboo

Personally I think you are doing it right. I assume the cream you used is a triple anti-biotic cream?.?. It takes a long time for wounds to heal so be patient.

Comment

Re: boa with a booboo

yup.its basically Neosporin, except its the western family brand lol

Comment

Working...
      X