Weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] Weird

I thought my new bino baby was lost. There is no way she can get out, so I started poking around in the substrate. She had buried herself under the mulch under her hiding log. Does that make sense to anyone?

Don

Re: Weird

Yup. My BRB and my BCI do this... My BRB more so. It's just another way of hiding to feel secure. Not all boas do this as frequently as others, but it's not at all uncommon.

So no worries. Your 'bino is just fine.

Comment

Nothing abnormal there, it's what they do! Makes them feel safe.

Comment

almost all my boas burrow nothing to worry about i think its cute when there head is the only thing poking out !!

Comment

My Bino is always down under, its hard to look at a 4 foot empty cage. well than the others all like to hide behind their water tubs or in the hides. nothing like 4 boaphiles that always look empty. However they are thriving so whatever they need to do......

Comment

sometimes I don't get my boa's behavior either. Like the past few days she's been zipping along between her hide and back to the other cooler end a lot. She moves at least 8 times a day. And earlier I could've sworn she had the hiccups. But I dont think snakes do that ... do they ?

Nixx

Comment

Thanks for the replies. She seems to have calmed down. Only struck at me once. She has been here a little over 2 weeks now.

Don

Comment

When I had BPs, it always looked like empty cages. My boas are a little more active and don't just hide all day. My bino likes his hide box more than the others, but he's also by far the youngest.
                http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

My ball is out more than the rtb, especially at night.

Don

Comment

My girls do this i snapped this pic of them cuddling under the substrate and under the hide lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

i love it when they burrow under the aspen, its adorable to see their little heads poking out, i have countless pics of mine doing that haha.

when i first brought my new albino boy home, i was SO stoked to FINALLY have an albino, you have NO idea lol. so one day a few days after i had him shipped to me, i go in his cage to admire him, and i couldnt find him. i was freaking out!! i thought i had lost one of my dream boas LOL. finally, after taking everything out and frantically searching everywhere in that cage i finally found him burrowed under all the aspen. he was so tiny and white, and he perfectly matched the aspen, turdy little snake!! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X