HELP!!!!! UTH and heating question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] HELP!!!!! UTH and heating question

Ok I apologize for all the threads I need two questions answered ....I'm taking back the ceramic heat emitter it doesn't give off what I need I'm trading it in for a 150 watt basking bulb and a 100 watt red/blue night bulb ...I want to get an under the tank heater also but I have the tank on a solid stand ....is it ok as long as I have those small plastic peggs on each corner underneath it lifts it maybe a quarter inch (if that) off of the wood. Any and ALL suggestion will be taken please. My boa comes in tomorrow. I didn't think this would be this hard to set up. My BPs are in a rack so I haven't set a tank up in so long

Re: HELP!!!!! UTH and heating question

Originally posted by Poleock View Post
    I didn't think this would be this hard to set up.
    No one ever does. I see so many snakes being kept in sub-standard condition because people just don't understand what is necessary to keep them correctly. It sounds like you're doing OK. It's hard to keep temps and humidity in glass.

Why not keep the boa in a rack as well?

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Sounds like alot of heat. What are you heating? Do you have a thermostat?

Comment

150 watt basking bulb, 100 watt night/heat bulb, UTH... what size enclosure are you heating?

Comment

Lol I probably should have wrote in there I have a 40 gallon breeder tank .......and after all of this I already started looking into a boaphile cage probably after Christmas and all

Comment

A 150 watt bulb is WAYYYY too much for a 40 gallon tank. When I kept a couple of rescues in 55 gallon tanks, I only used a 75 watt and a large zoo med UTH. You aren't putting the light inside the tank are you?
            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

at your next herp convention pick up a pro temp gun cheap and worth it's wait in gold also available at pro-exotics!

Comment

Really and truly it depends on your room temp. My house stays around 70 degrees so we moved all the snakes into one room and heat it different. My ball python however is in quarantine in our bedroom. I have him in a 40 gallon terrarium with a screen lid. For a while i used a 150 watt red bulb and still struggled with heat even with a Zoomed 40-50 gallon uth pad. After reading several post on here about heat and humidity in a glass tank i covered half of the lid which helps hold in the heat and makes keeping the humidity up easier aswell. Not to mention i dropped the 150w bulb down to 100w and i use a dimmer to adjust it depending on room temp. And sorry for the long post just hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                X