Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] Water

What kinda water are people using? I'm using Deer Park right now due to something in our public water thats been killing my fish theres no way I'm giving it to my snakes. But my buddy uses his tap and just sets it outside for a day then uses it. Wanted to know what others are doing?

Re: Water

Good ol Colorado tap water. My fish tank thrives on it, My family and my dogs drink it and it seems good for the snakes. I change water every 3 days

Comment

I'm going to build or maybe purchase a good filtration unit because I'm using bottled spring water right now and it's getting pricey.

Mat.

Comment

just think about the junk they get in the wild. I have a double filter that i got from depot for my saltwater tank but have not used it that much.

Comment

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
          just think about the junk they get in the wild. I have a double filter that i got from depot for my saltwater tank but have not used it that much.
          In the wild they wouldn't be drinking chlorinated fluoridated water with rust and other heavy metals from the old plumbing in my apartment building. Thats only after its made its way through rusty and filthy watermains full of all kinds of pollution and salt from the snow removal of the winter (which is mostly why the mains are rusty). If you could see the lime scale buildup my cities water leaves you would never give it to an animal. I get what you are saying about wild boas finding stagnant water to drink but just because something looks clean doesn't make it so IMO. I won't even mist with my tap water anymore if I can help it because I can see it leaving stains and spots on the glass and I don't want that in my snakes.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
            I would rather drink that "junk" than the junk that comes out of my tap =/

Comment

I was thinking about this just the other day, I drink my tap water and it tastes good. But I went and bought a few gallons of distilled water. .98cents per gallon, that will get pricey so maybe a filter system.

Comment

Working...
              X