I need help (i am going on the news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help (i am going on the news)

I NEED AMMO PEOPLE. I am not the most qualified person to represent our industry but I am being put on the News about S373 and I need as much ammo as I can have to talk about this intellengetly. Email me at [email protected] or fax me 954-680-8121 any info you can give to me.

Joe

Re: I need help (i am going on the news)

Awesome - congrats and good luck.

My advice:

Prepare by making an outline. Come up with 3 KEY points that you want people to take away and remember and pass along. Support each of them by 1-2 facts.

Make it factual. Short and sweet. Easy to remember.

Think about ways to make it compelling to NON-reptile keepers. I.e.,
    - it's setting a bad precedent
    - it's destroying jobs
    - it's taking money out of the economy
    - etc...

Comment

i'll put something together for you... check your PM for my phone number and give me a call...

Comment

I am not a speaker so to say and wouldn't know where to start but I do want to wish you the best of luck and we/ I really appreciate what you are doing.Thank you very much.
        Harmon

Comment

Just remember on the news and tv in general you only got like 1-3 minutes or so. The material should be prioritzed with that in mind... and I don't know what to add personally but definitly bring up the fact that if anything only 1 snake [burm] has shown to be problematic in the glades and that the snake industry, which pythons and boas make up a lot of the top 10 'starter and newbie snakes' (next to corns the ball python and red tail boa have to be in the top 5!) is a billion dollar+ industry in which people are paying their taxes (or most) just like everyone else!

Hmm, this is really a good thing for us though. Props to you and I hope you do well!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof View Post
            Awesome - congrats and good luck.

My advice:

Prepare by making an outline. Come up with 3 KEY points that you want people to take away and remember and pass along. Support each of them by 1-2 facts.

Make it factual. Short and sweet. Easy to remember.

Think about ways to make it compelling to NON-reptile keepers. I.e.,
            - it's setting a bad precedent
            - it's destroying jobs
            - it's taking money out of the economy
            - etc...
            One more thing just a quick reminder that the info that they are baseing there bill on the data is flawed. We all know here in the US that the snakes here at 60's and 50's are slowing and going into hibernation. Boas and python these are fatal.
            2nd Alarm Reptiles
            Pastels "R" Us
            http://2ndalarmreptiles.com

Viiper (Virginians Interested In Protecting Every Reptile)

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
              Just remember on the news and tv in general you only got like 1-3 minutes or so. The material should be prioritzed with that in mind... and I don't know what to add personally but definitly bring up the fact that if anything only 1 snake [burm] has shown to be problematic in the glades and that the snake industry, which pythons and boas make up a lot of the top 10 'starter and newbie snakes' (next to corns the ball python and red tail boa have to be in the top 5!) is a billion dollar+ industry in which people are paying their taxes (or most) just like everyone else!

Hmm, this is really a good thing for us though. Props to you and I hope you do well!
              As far as the Burms well they didn't get there by themselves and alot of people willbe seirously hurt by this Bill because of a few bad apples

Comment

Ok, after talking to USARK, they said not to talk to the news since the news will glorify the story. I gave the news rep. that contacted me to call USARK direct along with a few others that are qualified.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and just trying to help as much as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by follow View Post
                  Ok, after talking to USARK, they said not to talk to the news since the news will glorify the story. I gave the news rep. that contacted me to call USARK direct along with a few others that are qualified.

This would be my fear , I'd go on TV and the News people find a way to make you look like a fool.
                  They'd possibly tape it and edit it to make you look stupid or if live they
                  would use loaded questions side step real issues and talk
                  about crazy dangerous Pythons etc... never allowing you
                  a chance to hardly address the points

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by follow View Post

I want to say thank you for all you are doing, this is a good thing
                    Harmon

Comment

I sent a copy of the note from USARK that was for Obama to my Seneters here in Port,OR. to see if they can get the bill stopped. The note to FOXNEWS came back and said mailbox full. I'm praying and hoping that it doesn't pass. I have a show next month her in Port. and majority of the snakes there are Boas and Pythons(BP's)
                      sigpic

Jeffrey Ryan Roecker
                      Gresham,OR
                      Save our Reptiles!!
                      I Brake for Snakes!!::

Comment

Working...
                      X