new snow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] new snow.

me and my GF just got a new snow! we picked her up on fauna a while back and she had a "shed problem" as the guy we bought her from said. her tail has a hard dark brown spot at the very end. i have never seen this before. do you think its just a shed problem or should i be more concerned? by the way i know she has one eye. and i think its a very cute attribute.

Re: new snow.

good looking snow.... that looks worse that a bad shed to me man i have never seen something like that before

Comment

really nice looking snow,love the one eye.......Mike

Comment

She is a pretty looking gal, but if I were you, I would get her to the vet and see about the tail. I would hate to see you loose her if she gets an infection.

Thanks for sharing the pix.

Comment

did you know he/she only has one eye?

Looks to me like a rat was hungry and chewed on the tail

Aaron

Comment

in shedding sometimes the tail tip is retained if this does not come off or is not taken off manually, then it stays there. during the next shed this happens again. with multiple layers the tip becomes infected the tip needs to be amputated by the vet get that done now. please. I want a snow so bad wanna make them but.....S373! OPPOSE IT. get your to the vet good luck.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys. im gonna take her to the vet and see what they say about it. and yes i know she has one eye. lol

Comment

you do know that you cannot morally breed this boa? one-eyedness has ben shown to be genetic with albino, which is why many breeders advocate outcrossing albinos with hets.

Comment

Originally posted by naja-naja View Post
                  you do know that you cannot morally breed this boa? one-eyedness has ben shown to be genetic with albino, which is why many breeders advocate outcrossing albinos with hets.
                  There is no undisputed evidence in this. although it does seem to frequent more in the albino gene believed to be because of all the inbreeding.
                  So because it has one eye does it make it more of a chance to produce one eyed offspring?
                  All albinos have the potential to make a one eyed offspring. Should only hets be used.
                  I would put money that a het was used for the one of the parents of that snow.

Comment

hope you didnt spend too much on that animal...tail issue is most likely infected, and may already be spreading(which can be fatal). The eye issue, well, like i said, hope you didnt spend too much.

Comment

She's a very cool looking snow, I love them. I'd be worried about the tail but everyone has already covered that. Nice pick up and hope all is well with the tail issue.

Comment

shes pretty! and your right...total personality

Comment

I once seen something like that on a badly neglected ball python. It had so many "bad sheds" that the tail was a dark color. I think it turned out ok after a while of good herping. It was a friends and he dosn't have it now so I'm not 100% on what ever happend to it.

Comment

Did you buy that snake from Mike Masters.
                            It might of been that it got bite by a mouse..

Comment

Working...
                            X